MK IV effects loop question????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedhouseNorton

Reaction score
I just picked up a MK IV and Im really really digging it. My only question is when I try and throw a delay pedal in the loop , when I activate the loop , the volume of the amp drops by half!! What am I doing wrong here? I know a lot of loops have a -10 or a +4 switch that will usually help , but I dont know what to do with this one. It says in the manual that the channel volumes and Master on the front also act as Send and Return controls, does that mean I have to run the amp cranked to get the loop volume to be level? Thanks in advance for any help !

what kind of delay pedal, boss?

have you tried just running a patch cable from the send to the return to test for a volume drop with no effects?

I run my channels around 3-5 and tweat output to taste with no ill effect from the loop. Your amp shouldn't be seeing any issues with volume loss when engaging the loop. Some digital delays have settings to tweak the output strength. I use a Giga-Delay with good results and no issues.

The volume should not drop when you engage the loop. Check your preamp tubes. If you are still having problems you probably need to get it checked out by a M/B tech.

A couple things to check first......

Do other pedals through the loop do the same thing?
Does the delay pedal seem to have a drop when you put it in front of the amp?

These things will help identify if the issue is with the amp/loop or the pedal.

had this exact problem...so far these answers aren't helpful for the first step imo...first thing, isolate all the cables..make sure they all work perfectly..next thing..contact cleaner...spray it on a cable, and **** the fx loop jack for awhile...that should do it.

Back