MK III - unplug the reverb?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herrball

Reaction score
The reverb tank on my MK III Red strip is bad and I wanted to know if I can just unplug the sends and eliminate it altogether.

I don't really want or need reverb for what I use that amp for and this might be an easy fix.

any guidance is appreciated......

Hey. I just asked Mesa about that to, cause I dont use any reverb at all , and NEVER on my Mark III black dot. Here is the answer from Mesa :

Yes, you can remove he reverb tank - and disconnect the cables. As long as the cables are disconnected from the amplifier chassis it will be fine.

So I unplugged it from the chassis and took it out. just remember NOT to remove the V4 tube (reverb tube) and it should not be any problems :)

My Black dot Mark III did not have a reverb tank in it when I bought it. After playing it for a couple of hours, out of curiosity, I decided to turn the reverb knob up from 0-10 and it was like an extra presence knob, giving the amp more clarity. I asked mesa about this and they said if I took pictures of the guts maybe they could tell me why it happens. I told them thanks but as long as I wasn't messing the amp up, I didn't care.

I never use the reverb on my Mark III... I dont even have the tank installed. I actually feel the Mark III amps sound better without the factory reverb.

Back