Mk III switching system..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shep

Reaction score
just wondering how the switch system work's..

how do the three pedal's work, is it a ground to tip short for all three switch?

i might be getting to buy a mk iii and it has no footswitch's so i thought i could just make some..

thanks Tom

Latching. The Lead is a simple Carling 110P which shorts the tip to ground.
The EQ/Reverb is a stereo jack latching footswitch that shorts the tip to ground for the Reverb and the ring to ground for the EQ. A stereo cable is required. The R2 is the same as the lead footswitch.

thank's.

would it be possiable to use one 4 core plus ground cable and run it into a box with the four switchs so

reverb,eq,rhy1to lead,rh2 to lead..is that right ?

i have never understood the switching of thw mk iii..

i was just looking at some picture's of a mk iii...and how do you change channel without a foot switch..and where are the three footswitchs actually input's..there is that one foot switch on the front.

Hey Shep!!

To change channels on a III, you pull out either the mid knob to engage R2 or the Lead Drive knod to engage the Lead Channel.

The footswitch for Lead Channel plugs in the front under the input and the R2 and REV/EQ are situated around the back between power valves and transformer.

Like the idea of a "one does all" footswitch - that's why I bought a IV - just less leads to plug in :lol: :lol: :lol:

you can't use a 4 core plus ground, as each switch will need its own ground. at the amp end of things, you will need one 1/4 jack for each switching option. so you would need an 8 core cable with no ground......

You don't need a ground. All you need to do is short the circuit/wire with the switch. The footswitches are just circuit interruptors. The only thing to note is that the Lead and R2 switches carry voltages for the LED's.

yeah isn't the ground over everything the same..it does all link over the whole amp..

i will probally just make a rhy to lead switch as i can't reallly be botherd to do the big footswitch..

wat's the volts going to the led .. the led in series with the hot to ground and when i switch it and break the ground with the hot the led goes off and it changes channel..../ thats just off the top of my head ,is that right..

Back