Mk IIC '+' Mod: What is it?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeoBull

Reaction score
I'm having so much fun here I thought I'd start another thread :)

Seriously, would anybody mind looking at these questions?

-What (semi-technically) does the '+' mod for a IIC do?
-How does it affect the amp?
-What is the ~ wait time for getting it done?
-In what situations? (e.g. clean channel, lead channel, all, etc.)
-If you had it done, what was the difference you noticed in your amp?
-If you had to choose between doing a '+' mod (~400-500 with shipping) or throwing in some more dollars (quite a few more) and buying a new MkIV what would you do?

GeoBull said:
I'm having so much fun here I thought I'd start another thread :)

Seriously, would anybody mind looking at these questions?

-What (semi-technically) does the '+' mod for a IIC do?

It's not a mod. It's a different circuit. It involves moving the loop, altering gain stages.

-How does it affect the amp?

It's a new amp that has basically been noted to be the most desirable Boogie tone ever.

-What is the ~ wait time for getting it done?

Whenever Mike B. finishes it.

-In what situations? (e.g. clean channel, lead channel, all, etc.)

The clean is basically the same, but the lead and the loop are totally upgraded.

-If you had it done, what was the difference you noticed in your amp?

Monsterous gain, increased tightness and clarity.

-If you had to choose between doing a '+' mod (~400-500 with shipping) or throwing in some more dollars (quite a few more) and buying a new MkIV what would you do?

Upgrade the IIC and get a MK IV. They compliment each other very well.
The C+ has a huge open agressive tone while the MK IV offers the same gain, essence and Boogie tones, it is a more refined audiophile type of amp.

Thanks; perfect information. I have the clearance from 'the boss' for the Mk IV; now I just have to sell her on the Mods (or maybe just go with the mods). I Evans I'll probably sell; lovely amp but I should be able to get a good jazz sound out of the Mk IV.

Sorry, can't advise on the Jazz tones. Not my bag.
With the Fender tone stacks and the naturally big bass emphasis on the
tone controls you should have little trouble getting a big tubby, round tone.

GeoBull said:
Thanks; perfect information. I have the clearance from 'the boss' for the Mk IV; now I just have to sell her on the Mods (or maybe just go with the mods). I Evans I'll probably sell; lovely amp but I should be able to get a good jazz sound out of the Mk IV.

I was playing in a Sydney Con Jazz band last night with my mk IV and a EVM 1x12 200w and my gibson... the best jazz tones..just think, John scofield use's the mesa heartbreaker which is pretty much the rhy1 and lead channel of the mk IV..

Back