MK II C+, MK IV, and EXTREME modes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hendog

Reaction score
OK, I love CH3 of this amp. It's on of the best sounding high gain channels I have ever heard. Extreme is my default mode choice because it has BALLS. After hearing Extreme, I cant use MK IV or MK II C+ because they sound thin and weak compared to Extreme.

Does anyone else notice this?

I agree to a point. Extreme is the most "metal". But they all have a place. I did a recording recently where I did:

Guitar 1
- Mark IIC+ mode
- Graphic EQ
- SM-57 and CAD condenser

Guitar 2
- Extreme mode
- Preset EQ
- Senn E609 and CAD Condenser

It sounded heavy as ****.

I honestly like Mark IV mode better than extreme and IIc+ (although I still love them, too). Something about IV mode seems darker and heavier. I still have some settings to tweak, but always seem to fall back on IV. The next couple practices, I will use IIc+ and extreme and see what I can dial in.

scott7d said:
I honestly like Mark IV mode better than extreme and IIc+ (although I still love them, too). Something about IV mode seems darker and heavier.

I agree. Love the saturation of MIV mode.

it depends on what guitars im useing. If im useing my 7 string for band i have to use mark iv cuz the extreem i cant get a good right tone with it. however in the mark iv mode i get the best freaking distortion i have ever heard. But if im useing my 6 strings i dont even change my settings just the presence and switch it to extreem. I love the versitality of this amp its everything ive dreamed of plus more. Best 6 months ive had so far in a while lol

in quite a few direct comparisons with C+ amps, we discovered what it states in the manual is spot-on...there is a smaller coupling cap in C+ mode, which DougWest describes as "tighter..more urgent..."
the larger cap comes into play in IV mode,and the sub-lows are present-I happen to prefer the C+ eq tone myself,so I play in IV mode to capture the C+ tone that I am used to

Every mode has it's place. I have a new baby so my amp has not ventured from the 10 watt mode very often. Having said that, the extreme mode is my current favorite. It sounds very clear for as gritty as it is, like an eager new chainsaw. The mark IV mode is great and easy to dial in and enjoy. The IIC+ to me is awesome, however it's the hardest for me to dial in.

Latest posts

Back