Mk 3 hardwood combo price help!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Takeaway

Reaction score
Hey,

New here, but hoping to buy my first boogie after wanting one for a good 15 years!

What do you think the going rate for a hardwood and wicker Mk3 purple stripe combo with GEQ and reverb would be? I'm in the UK, so that may have an effect on your opinion.

Seems in ok condition and not particularly figured woods, unlike some i've seen.

Opinions on this would be most appreciated.

Cheers

I think in the UK for a hardwood combo you're looking at "what are you willing to pay" because it will be pretty uncommon.

In North America if the cab was in really nice shape it could go as high as $1400 if the seller is willing to hold out. Hardwood cabs in good shape add a fair bit to the price so that tends to be for guys who are more interested in getting the right amp than getting a bargain, and $1400 versus, like, $1250 isn't a huge deal to them. If you're just looking to try out a Mark III and you're not a chronic gear-flipper I'd wait for a non-hardwood.

Haven't seen many hardwood ones over here in the UK and certainly none for sale. "Normal" ones are usually between £600 - £800 depending on spec. but I've seen them go for £1250 in the West End - London Prices :roll:
It wouldn't surprise me if you had to spend well over a grand (sterling), to secure one over here.

Latest posts

Back