Minor DR problems.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dual rec

Reaction score
I have 2 small problems. My footswitch fx button is not working properly. When my fx loop is turned on ftswtch it is supposed to be controlled by the footswich. I run a digidelay in my efx loop. When I hit the fx loop button the light comes on, but the effect doesn't. My amps tone changes slightly, but no effect. When i just turn on the fx loop i can turn my pedal off and on and it works fine. My footswich is banged up quite a bit but all of my other buttons work fine. I am very confused, becasue the button makes a difference in tone but it doesnt put the effect in. I font know if it is a possible problem with the way it is hooked up or what.
I have one chord running from the send of my amp to the input of the pedal, and one chord from the out 1 to the return of my amp.
My other problem is my on light. I was playing outside in the cold and turned the amp on and the light didnt come on. A little while later I put my amp on standby and took a break. I switched my amp back on and the light came on. Now when I play inside it always comes on. I figure it was just the weather. Please Help.

If footswitching the loop on/off toggles the light and causes a change in tone, I'm gonna say the footswitch is working just fine and the prob lies somewhere in the fx unit itself or the cables connecting it to the amp. Make sure the send level on the back of the amp is up to around noon-1:00 and the fx mix is up to around 30% give-or-take, and the fx unit itself is turned up to a reasonable level and set to be 100% wet. Also take a look at the preamp tube in the V4 position...swap it with a known good one and see if that helps.

Out in the cold....how cold? As metal contracts, connections can get loose, and bad solder joints can rear their ugly heads as well. The obvious easy fix is dont play outside in the cold (its not too good for your fingers either!) But if the prob is a solder joint, it's gonna get worse leading you to get out the iron or take it to a shop.

I agree with No Glass....sounds like the switch is fine. My recommendation:
If your send and return levels are set correctly,

Try different cords from the fx send and return. Use cords that you know are good.

If that doesn't help, try a different effect in the loop.

If that isn't it, your loop needs to be checked by a Mesa authorized repairman.

RB

Back