Mini Recto - how to connect 2 cabinets

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RalfT85

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I want to connect my MR to my 2 Mesa cabs, a 2x12 and a 4x12 (what an awesome wall of sound:)).

The MR has a 4 ohm and 8 ohm output, my 2x12 is 8ohm with in and out (parallel) and my 4x12 has an 8ohm in and out.

So would the correct wiring be: Mesa MR 4 ohm output into Mesa 2x12 8 ohm in --> Mesa 2x12 out (parallel) into Mesa 4x12 (the 8 ohm in)? Because using two 8 ohm cabinets chained over parallel connection would give me 4 ohm, right?

But I can use the normal 8 ohm input on the cabinets?

Thanks

Yes - daisy chain the 2 8-ohm cabinets together using their 8-ohm inputs. Then use the 4-ohm output on the MR

cyber104 said:
Yes - daisy chain the 2 8-ohm cabinets together using their 8-ohm inputs. Then use the 4-ohm output on the MR

Yes you hook up just like that. But not sure if you know that pushing 6 12" speakers with only 25 watts isn't really ideal or efficient at all for the speakers. The Mini will sound OK at low volumes pushing that many speakers but don't sound good at higher levels cause it don't have enough power to make the 6 speakers really push air. Even my 4x12 sounds great with the Mini, but cranking it through the 2x12 is really where it's at cause than you get the warm punchy tone and speaker breakup. I worked at a guitar speaker company for a couple years. That's why they have 100 watt combo's with one 12" speaker, you get efficient use out of that one or two speakers with that many watts.

Just some food for thought about pushing speakers.

Latest posts

Back