Mini Recto Cabs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamOnBass

Reaction score
I am looking at picking up either the Mini Recto Slant or the Mini Recto Cube. I am only using it to record so the logo in the middle of the slant is a pain, or is it?

Sounds like an excellent excuse/reason to go with the recto-212!!! Find a good one used and the price difference vs the 112 will be slight.
212 just rules for all-around versatility and tone. Flip it on it's side vertically and you have half-stack height.

AdamOnBass said:
I am looking at picking up either the Mini Recto Slant or the Mini Recto Cube. I am only using it to record so the logo in the middle of the slant is a pain, or is it?
Only if you want to place the mic directly centered on the cone, but most people don't do that; they offset the mic somwhere between the center and the edge of the speaker and angle it other than perpendicular to the speaker. I record with a Mini slant cab with no problems. There is no single correct way to mic a speaker. Where you place the mic and how you orient it to the speaker has drastic effects on the recorded sound.

Latest posts

Back