mini rectifier - i think i f'ed up

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldskoolrulz

Reaction score
so i've had a mini rect for about a year, have had 0 problems with it until tonight. i plugged it in to an extension cord that was also running a voodoo labs power supply, and soon as i turned on the power switch it came on for a fraction of a second and then was completely dead in the water. i checked the fuse in the back, doesn't appear to be burnt. did not hear any pop, see any smoke, smell anything at all, just doa...

i figured it was a long shot but was hoping someone here may have an idea as to what may have happened, with the fuse not blowing it definitely worries me. will probably call the dealer i purchased it from in the morning, have a feeling they'll tell me to call mesa for resolution, just hate to be without it for an extended period of time...

any advice, thanks in advance!

How do you know for sure the fuse did not blow? Did you check it with a meter/tester? Sometimes they blow at the ends where you can't see it.

My money here is on the fuse, and if it is, the question is why did it blow.

Pick up some spare fuses. You should have a few spare fuses in your amp/gig bag with your spare tubes anyways. See the back of the amp for the correct type and rating. Replace the fuse and try it again.

Dom

When you say power extension, do you mean a power strip? If so did you check to make sure that did not blow?

siggy14 said:
When you say power extension, do you mean a power strip? If so did you check to make sure that did not blow?
Good point, if you are using a power strip, plug the amp in directly to the outlet to make sure it's not the strip.

But, I do not see reference to that in the OP :?

oldskoolrulz said:
so i've had a mini rect for about a year, have had 0 problems with it until tonight. i plugged it in to an extension cord that was also running a voodoo labs power supply, and soon as i turned on the power switch it came on for a fraction of a second and then was completely dead in the water. i checked the fuse in the back, doesn't appear to be burnt. did not hear any pop, see any smoke, smell anything at all, just doa...

i figured it was a long shot but was hoping someone here may have an idea as to what may have happened, with the fuse not blowing it definitely worries me. will probably call the dealer i purchased it from in the morning, have a feeling they'll tell me to call mesa for resolution, just hate to be without it for an extended period of time...

any advice, thanks in advance!

Dom

Thanks for the reply Dom, and yes is was indeed the fuse :roll: feel like a dumba**, but very happy that was the problem and I didn't do real damage to it...

oh, and siggy thanks for your reply also!

Back