Mini Rectifier fx loop issue?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rectifried

Reaction score
I started this thread down in the main modern section but I think it really belongs here as it really seems to be a mini rectifier fx loop issue.

This is probably a better question for Mesa support but hoping someone here can help me figure out what is going on. So I have both a Mark V:25 and a Mini Rectifier, and want to use both. I have 2 separate cabs so that is not an issue. I have a G Major, and a midi foot controller. I purchased a Voodoo Labs Hex looper and a Radial ABY. So the idea is feed both amps from the ABY. Route the fx send from each amp to a separate loop return on the Hex, say loop 2 and loop 3. The idea is only one return can be active at a time. Then feed the output of the hex to the G Major, and the outs of the G Major back to each amps fx return. In theory that should work. I think.

But what is happening is it seems the fx loops work at different levels between the 2 amps. I can barely go above 8 o'clock on the master on channel 2 of the V:25 without hitting the return of the mini rectifier too hard, while i have to crank up the master of the mini rec channel 2 to about 10 oclock to get a decently audible signal in the return of the V:25. I have swapped cables and outputs and such, none of that is the issue. To simplify during troubleshooting, I hooked up just the V:25 to the G Major, got it working fine, then added the mini rectifier simply as a power amp from the other output of the G Major (not using the mini rectifier preamp at all. Same basic issue, can't go above 8 oclock without hitting the mini rectifier return too hard.

So it really seems like the loops just run at vastly different levels, which would kill my plan.

However, I noticed one other thing on the mini rectifier by itself. There seems to be some bleed of the preamp signal outside of the fx loop. In other words when using the fx loop, I can mute all output from the fx unit, but still hear a fairly strong but thin signal coming thru the power amp. I even unplugged the return and the signal bleed was still there. SO that does not seem normal. Has anybody else run into this? I'm almost hoping there is something wrong with my mini rectifier so I can get it fixed and hoepfully have this setup work.

Thanks for reading all of this and for any who have input. :)

I believe that the mini rectifier fx loop send is controlled by the master volume of the amp. It's possible that the mark v:25 is the same way and they have different volume taper. I use my roadster more than my mini rec at home though.

On my Nova System, I can adjust the volume of the left and right outputs in the "Level" menu. Since TC makes both products, I imagine the G Major has that capability. Another option is a volume device on the louder one, between FX and loop, to make changes on the fly, but I think that will change the sound quite a bit.

I bet less than an hour of time would have the balance between amps figured out. Once you find the balance, it's just a matter of transferring the settings over to each patch.

Latest posts

Back