Mini Rectifier cab advice, please...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cole

Reaction score
Hello from Florida,

I've gathered enough funds to snag the Mini Rectifier (very excited) but am still researching a cab for it. I see the rectifier cabs and I bet they are nice but there is a person locally who has an Egnater Tweaker 15 and Egnater 1x12 with the G12H-30 speaker. The CL ad is a couple weeks old and I haven't contacted the person yet. Assuming this person still has it, I like the idea of having this cool little tweaker head and cab for less than the price of a Rectifier cab. I've also been researching Avatar cabs, but they are a bit heavier and I'm not getting any younger. They look nice, however and the reviews have been pretty good. Thanks to you fine folks and any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks!!

My bad...after a little research, the tweaker cab is 16 ohm. I'm a bit wet when it comes to the whole ohm thing. With the Mini being 8/4 ohm out, this won't work?

Cole said:
My bad...after a little research, the tweaker cab is 16 ohm. I'm a bit wet when it comes to the whole ohm thing. With the Mini being 8/4 ohm out, this won't work?
You could do it, as it would be a safe mismatch. Just plug the 8 ohm output into the cab. The amp will respond a little differently since it'll be running cooler, but it won't hurt anything. If possible, see if you can order the cab with an 8 ohm speaker for an actual match.

Latest posts

Back