Mini-Rec Why'd They Do That?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundchaser59

Reaction score
1. After all the voices heard about the Express not having all four modes footswitchable, they come out with another 4-mode amp that does not have all four modes footswitchable?

2. Why make the fx loop switchable if you are not going to put the switch on the pedal?

I guess they heard one of the complaints........they didn't release the Mini-Rec with a 10 inch speaker!

It's very clear that it was a super-tight space and cost budget. In addition, as with the Express, the modes are not volume-balanced (pushed isn't bad, but modern adds like 10dB unless you have the power tubes completely saturated), so switching on the fly wouldn't work very well.

I'm just happy they included some modes for tweeking the sound how I want. I think most people are OK with 2 channels for live. You also get to use your guitar volume, so you can back off pushed to clean it up and get a 3rd mode.

I doubt they could have added 4-mode switching for less than $200, given the added circuitry and the bigger footswitch. At $1200 (or more), I wouldn't have bought the MR. I would probably have picked up a used DR.

Back