Mills Acoustics Afterburner

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jdurso said:
ketiov said:
I noticed neither of you guys have had Thiele's in the past. I wonder how the Mills would compare to one of those.

I've played one in the past with a Mark III and I thought it was a mighty sound coming out of that tiny box. But to compare the two wouldnt be fair... at least not in my eyes.
I can see that the 412 would probably sound fuller than a 112, but how did they compare?

ketiov said:
jdurso said:
ketiov said:
I noticed neither of you guys have had Thiele's in the past. I wonder how the Mills would compare to one of those.

I've played one in the past with a Mark III and I thought it was a mighty sound coming out of that tiny box. But to compare the two wouldnt be fair... at least not in my eyes.
I can see that the 412 would probably sound fuller than a 112, but how did they compare?

The thiele sounded more directional if that makes sense. it had an EV in it so at times it felt like the sound was being projected by a laser beam. The Mills has a much better spread of sound, which is why i describe it as 3D. Now ignoring the size difference, the Mills destroys the Thiele in terms of the low end. the Mills low end just has so much more character and dimension to it. Usually a cab with a full bottom sounds like as for palm muting and a tighter cab can sometimes sound constricting for big open chord type stuff. This cab as crazy as it sounds, is both full and tight, kind of like it adapts to what your playing. It seems to breathe and articulate right along with your playing, as if the you/guitar/amp/cab were all one... i guess theres a lot mroe feeling to it. Its very hard to describe especially when comparing it to a cab that is completely different in design and size.

Back