Midi switcher for Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhguitar1

Reaction score
I need to buy a midi switcher and midi controller for my Roadster and G-Major. Which switcher would you guys recommend? I have narrowed it down to the amp gizmo or the cfx4.
Also I think I am leaning toward a FCB1010 midi controller but not sure. I can't afford the Ground Control Pro. Any recommendations for midi controllers?

Love the board and appreciate the help!!!

I control six functions using the CFX-4 to switch channels 1-4 (it has isolated switching relays) and the G-Major for Loop and Solo. I leave the Reverb on so I'm good there.

All controlled with a FCB1010. Works for me.

The Amp Gizmo looks nice as well, just more expensive. I believe it does eight functions, but I do not know if they are isolated relays which I was told by Mesa is needed for the channel switching.

Dom

We just had a discussion and many commented the FCB1010 is fragile and doesn't last.

The Nobels MF-2 looks interesting. It provides 4 relay switches built in.

domct203 said:
I control six functions using the CFX-4 to switch channels 1-4 (it has isolated switching relays) and the G-Major for Loop and Solo. I leave the Reverb on so I'm good there.

All controlled with a FCB1010. Works for me.

The Amp Gizmo looks nice as well, just more expensive. I believe it does eight functions, but I do not know if they are isolated relays which I was told by Mesa is needed for the channel switching.

Dom

the amp gizmo uses a custom cable that i believe is $50 from rjm so you dont have to worry about the whole relay problem.... the cables goes from a special output in the back of the amp gizmo to the footswitch cable jack thta is used for the mesa footswitch..... therefore 1 cable which is specioally made for the roadster/road king and you control all 8 functions (4 channels, fx loop, reverb, solo, tuner mute)..... i think its well worth the extra $$$ for the amp gizmo..... you'd have to buy 2 cfx4s for the same amount of control and there is only one cable to hook up

I would recommend the GCX audio switcher and the Ground Control Pro Kinda pricey but it works very well.

Mr_You said:
We just had a discussion and many commented the FCB1010 is fragile and doesn't last.

I've been giging with mine locally for 2 years now with no problems. It's mounted in a pedalboard that travels in a semi-hard case, and I wouldn't just throw it in the back of a pickup as is, but it's taken a few good stomps and it's OK so far.

I do agree that there are many more durable options, and their price reflects that. I tend to really take care of my gear and the FCB1010 works great. If I was in a regional touring band I would most likely "step up" to an Axess or Ground Control controller. But for what I'm doing now, it gave me the most bang for my buck.

Dom

hazbin said:
I would recommend the GCX audio switcher and the Ground Control Pro Kinda pricey but it works very well.

+1, I use the GCX (actually 2 of them) and the Ground Control Pro for all my switching and midi controlling; I have used it with my Stiletto, Lone Star, Mark IV, G-Major and various stomp boxes - works great. I think he said the GCPro is too expensive though.

Latest posts

Back