midi switcher and mark 4

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normandk7

Reaction score
I want to buy a midi switcher for my mark 4.
I heard about the Axess cfx4 and the Rjm amp Gizmo but is there anythig else on the market???
And what would be the better choice for reliability and easy programmability????
Thanks,
Normand C.

I've been using a Voodoo Lab/Digital Music GCX with their Ground Control pedal to control my Mark IV and rack for years, and it works great. I have 2 GCX's and 3 Ground Control pedals (older style) because they are so handy :wink:

If you are looking for something small the Sound Sculpture Foot Sim Works well, (that's what i use) Since i ditched the rack and moved everything to the floor this was the best choice for me for size and price ($169). I also have the RJM Mastermind for my midi controller which is excellent. The GCX and GCP are great as well, I had them both.

If I were to go back to a Rack I would have bought the Mini amp gizmo for more flexibility and easy of use But I really only need to channel switch, my GEQ is always on and i don't use the amps reverb

I use it for my mark4. "I liked it so much I bought the company" :lol:
http://payne-labs.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22&Itemid=34

I use it for my mark4. "I liked it so much I bought the company"
http://payne-labs.com/joomla/index.php? ... &Itemid=34

You win ! :mrgreen:

Hey...thanks guy.
I was out of town and i'm just back!!!!!
So, basically, everything you talked about is great.
One feature that seem's to be interesting is the cable witch is specially made for the mark 4 and it is not available for all the switcher...and my 4u roadcase is full so i'd like something that i could fit in the back of my roadcase...so...something small as possible but i want it to be able to switch the simul/class A setting on my mark 4.
Thanks and i will do my choice in a very near future,
Normand.

+1 for Mini Amp Gizmo. Same problem for me, needed somethign to fit in the back of the rack. Bought the special Mark IV cable and problem solved.

Oh, and the Mastermind foot pedal from the same company RJM Music works very well too. Small footprint.

There is also the Liquid Foot Jr. very nice, powerful midi pedal. Check 'em out.

OK...
Is it possible, with the mini amp gizmo, to switch between class a/simulclass ????
I think i read somewhere that only the amp gizmo (bigger than the mini....) can do that!!!!

Be sure to pick up the Mark IV cable from RJM so you can get all the switching functionality that the Mark IV offers. I actually switch the class A/Simul Class switching as a solo boost because there isn't one on the Mark IV.

It's a winner if it can switch the class a/simulclass fonction and switch the geq too.
English is not my main language but i've tried to read on the mini amp gizmo and i really dont understand how it can change that fonction(Class A/Simulclass) cause i don't see any 1/4 jack on the picture of the Mini....
If my understanding is OK, the custom cable will change all of the footswitch fonction but, with no 1/4 jack.....
How do you do this???
For the solo booster, i'm using the geq of the mark 4.
I want the 4 tubes setting for my clean sound.
Thanks a lot for the information because i really tought that the mini amp gizmo couldn't switch more than what you can switch with the mark 4 footswitch+midi .

I again,
I've decided to write to RJM and i've got the answer from Ron Menelli.
Here it is...

Hi there,

To switch the Simulclass feature along with the rest of the channels, eq, etc., you'll need the original Amp Gizmo - you need the extra 1/4" jack(s) that it provides. If you can get by without Simulclass, the Mini Amp Gizmo will do fine.

Thanks,
--
Ron Menelli
RJM Music Technology, Inc.[/i][/i]

So...i think i will have to go with the amp gizmo if its small enough to fit at the back of my roadcase...
Normand.

You are correct. The custom cable only enables you to change channels, EQ and FX loop. The full size gizmo could do it due to the inclusion of the 1/4 " jacks. I stand corrected.

Latest posts

Back