Midi Mate Pedal/going midi

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funksoldier

Reaction score
hey guys,

Its been awhile since I have been on here but I would like to know some things about going MIDI.

I have my eyes set on the G Major and I was thinking about the Rocktron Midi Mate. I am currently using the mesa boogie roadster which i love to death and a PRS.

I want to be able to change channels on the roadtser with the midi mate and use effects with the G major. Do i need a Y splitter cable as well? Sorry i'm new to all this.

Also i would like to know if i can hook up my wah and an expression pedal to the midi mate.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

In order for you to switch channels on the Amp with the MIDI Mate you'd need something like SoundSculture's FootSim. Then from the Foot Sim to your effects unit. As for your Wah unless you get a DCR-2SR rack mount Wah from Jim Dunlop, you'll have to plug the Wah direclty to the Amp. The only thing with the Foot Sim is that it can only swtich 4 relay controlled channels using Y cables. If you want to select the Solo or Reverb also then you'll need two FootSims. Also the more MIDI cables you have the more comunication errors you might have between devices. Also keep all wires as short as possible. I used to have this setup and it worked flawlessly. I had a 20' MIDI cable from the MIDI mate to the FootSim, then a 2' cable to my effects unit. As for the Wah I always put mine in front of the amp (not through the fx loop).

AFAIK, the G major can change up to 3 channels. You would still be one channel short, plus reverb and the solo function.

Aside from the other post, another thing you could try is the Behringer FCB1010. It will do 2 channel changes (so you would have 5 including the 3 from the G major), and there is an un-official upgrade for the Eprom called UnO firmware that is available for less than $11, and increases it's capabilities drastically. With that and a G major, you could do a lot.

Thanks for all your help guys. I'm undecided what kind of set up i will go for but hopefully i'll decide soon enough and find everything I need for the right price.

if you want an easy and affordible midi switcher get an amp gizmo... controls all your channels and functions and will change the patch on your gmajor..... i wouldnt bother with the gmajor because you cant switch everything on your amp.... i had the old version of the amp gizmo and worked like a charm with my roadster.... i unloaded it to upgrade to the rg-16 made by the same company.... check them out here

http://www.rjmmusic.com/

Latest posts

Back