MIDI Foot Controller for TriAxis

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoons

Reaction score
I am not well versed in MIDI controllers and how to program them in fact I have never done it before, with that said...

I am planning to set up a new rack system with the following:

Preamp - TriAxis
Effects (G-Major or G-Force + Some MIDI Foot Controller) or G-System.
Power Amp - Mesa Boogie 20/20 Stereo

My question is this; as far as the MIDI foot controller goes, what works well with the TriAxis and is not going to force me to wade through pages and pages of technical jargon for months to figure out how to make it all work? Is there a real step-by-step instruction method for midi foot controllers available somewhere out there on the web?

Right now using a BOSS GT-6; the effects are mostly "okay" but I really don't like the tone, time to go tubes!!

Hello!
I would recommend the ground control pro from Voodoo Labs! I had pretty much the same setup for years that is TriAxis/2:90/G-Force with the original ground control and it worked great! I also used the rocktron all access.... That was real nice too!!!! But expensive......

Good Luck!

John Price said:
Hello!
I would recommend the ground control pro from Voodoo Labs! I had pretty much the same setup for years that is TriAxis/2:90/G-Force with the original ground control and it worked great! I also used the rocktron all access.... That was real nice too!!!! But expensive......

Good Luck!
Thanks for the input.

Maybe this is way out in left field...
I just thought I'd ask this question while I'm here - Is it reasonable to use the BOSS GT-6 that I already have (Of course turn off the digital preamps in the GT-6) to control the Triaxis until I get a new MIDI foot controller? If it is reasonable, where in the world is information on how to do it?

For an easy and affordable midi controller, I'd recommend the Roctron Midimate. You can set it up in many configurations. It sends progeam changes and CC changes which makes setting up stompbox type switching a breeze. I use a g-major with mine and it is simple.

HamerFan said:
For an easy and affordable midi controller, I'd recommend the Roctron Midimate. You can set it up in many configurations. It sends progeam changes and CC changes which makes setting up stompbox type switching a breeze. I use a g-major with mine and it is simple.
Thanks, I'll look into that one.

Is there such thing as a "MIDI Implementation Chart" for the Triaxis? I can't find one in the PDF manual I downloaded.

I used to use an Art X-15 ultrafoot with my old Triaxis/G-major/2:90 rig. Worked great. Behringer also makes a pretty reasonable footcontroller that should work just fine too. Just setup all your tones as different MIDI programs (keeping the same program number on both the Triaxis and effects unit) and set the footcontroller to send program change messages. It's like having 128 different channels to choose from.

mr_fender said:
Just setup all your tones as different MIDI programs (keeping the same program number on both the Triaxis and effects unit) and set the footcontroller to send program change messages. It's like having 128 different channels to choose from.

That seems like a really good explanation. No one else has ever said that to me about the MIDI programming thing.

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Match the channels and it works, I think I understand it now! Thanks
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Back