Metallica's black album on Quad pre

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Bacelar

Reaction score
Hi there,

This is something I recorded long ago, but I've never uploaded it until now. It's a cover of The Unforgiven.

Recorded with a Quad pre (lead 1 & and rhythm 1) trough a 50/50 and a Rectifier 2x12. I used a ESP M-II and my custom kind of flaming V guitar; first with EMG 81 combo and the second with 81-60 (all cleans recorded with the 60)
And a heavy use of the ADA mq1, trying to get as close as possible to black's album sound. There's no postprocessing eq, or no other effects (just fadeouts)
Mics are Shure SM57 and AKG C3000B, and recorded with a Presonus Firebox sound card.

If I have time, I'll upload another song from the Black album soon. On the link you can hear too other stuff I recorded.

http://www.tonefinder.com/index.php?section=user&value=darth%20bacelar

Hope you like it! :)

**** man, this is like the actual demo or sth... I really dig the heavy - dark sound of the guitars... We need more 'tallica covers man! Well done!!!!

Thanks! But nope, it's me on the guitars all the time, not a demo or something like that, promise :lol:

Latest posts

Back