Metal distortion pedal with LSS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmerel

Reaction score
I'm not a metal player, but I'm looking for a pedal to do over the top metal type distortion with my little LSS.

I've tried a MG Music Muff Feliz, which I liked, but am also considering a Pete Cornish G2/P2 or EH Metal Muff. Analogman modded Boss DS1 has also been recommended. Anybody tried these or other pedals they would recommend?

I'm looking for rock distortion through ultra heavy sounds, as I'm already more than happy with my overdrive sound.

Ive owned a few of these distortion stomp box things through my life as a guitarist:

1979 Mark IIa
Mesa V-Twin
Mesa Subway Rocket Reverb
Visual-Sound Jekel and Hyde
1996 Mesa Trem-O-verb
(and currently) Mesa Triple Rectifier 3 Channel

Ive got to say that when it comes to an overdrive pedal that will do an extreamly chunky yet tight heavy riff, I'd take the Jekel and Hyde pedal. These things are absolutly reidiculous(this is good) sounding for $120 bucks new you cant beat 'em. To boot theres a second tube-screamer-like boost attached to it. If you cant find it in this thing......I dont know where you could. Suggestion: If yur going to grab one of these things, look on ebay for one of the silver colored ones as opposed to the red colored newer ones. They made a mod to the circuit to make a little more modern sounding and Im a little more partial to the sivler one--but to each there own. :wink:

Latest posts

Back