MESA will release a new flagship instead of the RoadKing?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
where are you getting this information from? :wink: i doubt mesa will release anything over the road king anytime soon, unless your talking about the mark V. everything ive heard is just people talking. :?

dylan7620 said:
where are you getting this information from? :wink: i doubt mesa will release anything over the road king anytime soon, unless your talking about the mark V. everything ive heard is just people talking. :?
Yeah, where's the proof? I would imagine with the Road King, Lonestar and Stiletto lines in the past couple years, Mesa has their hands full.

cvansickle said:
dylan7620 said:
Yeah, where's the proof? I would imagine with the Road King, Lonestar and Stiletto lines in the past couple years, Mesa has their hands full.
Not to mention redesigning the TriAxis.

I highly doubt this considering how many touring pro's have added the road king to their arsenals ('tallica, petrucci).
And the triaxis rebuild, the stilleto, the lonestar and the possibility of a Mark V make me lean towards this being false.

- Where are you getting this information from and can you please clarify as to what the new flagship is/will be?

overture2005 said:
MESA will release a new flagship instead of the RoadKing? :?:

Just my 2 cents: Since there is a question mark at the end of the sentence, maybe it was intended to be in the form of a question.

such as: "Will Mesa release a new flagship instead of the RoadKing?"

That sentence would make more sense and would be more grammatically correct. However, I still think it remains for the original poster to clarify his/her thoughts.

ok, if its that sort of question.... i highly doubt mesa will be relasing any flagship model anytime soon as i beleive their hands are full.

Recently, a *truly remarkable* salesperson at Guitar Center told me that Mesa was about to discontinue the RK since it has "been out for so long" and since "Mesa NEVER keeps their products out for longer than a couple of years." Needless to say, I'll never return to that particular Guitar Center as long as I live.

mloiaco said:
Recently, a *truly remarkable* salesperson at Guitar Center told me that Mesa was about to discontinue the RK since it has "been out for so long" and since "Mesa NEVER keeps their products out for longer than a couple of years." Needless to say, I'll never return to that particular Guitar Center as long as I live.
Is this going to turn into a Guitar Center bashing thread? I'm afraid my typing fingers will get cramped!

dont know how true or false this is but over the last several months a few people have mentioned a modded Mark amp possibly the Mark IV plus. (MarkIV+) keep that in the back of your head.......

PS: as far as GC is concerned in my opinion there are no remarkable sales people, let alone true ones. the bottom line:it's all about comission.
nothing more nothing less.

i dont think thats a fair statement. at least at the one i work at, all the
sales guys (at least the ones who do good and stick around awhile)
have always been about taking care of everyone who comes in.
i mean hey, you guys help pay our bills. the least we can do
is to make sure you guys leave absolutely delighted.
this is of course my store. i cant speak for other GC's.
ive had many frustrating situations dealing with other stores, and we
all work on the same team! (at least thats the idea)
as far as the topic goes, mesa keeps products around as long
as it makes good business sense (i mean hey, theyre a business too right?) and i have not heard any news of new flagships coming out.

Appologies for the generic GC comments. It sounds like New Jersey could use more GCs like the one that you work at, and less of the kind that I've had terrible experiences at.

It's always nice to have employees of mesa retailers aboard the forum. I hope that you will always keep us posted of any Mesa-related news!

if i hear anything, ill be sure to post.
give me a call for any reason you want.
my cell phone is 612-743-2691 and my name is steve.

This is what Randall Smith said about the possibility of the Mark V in a recent piece of Mesa literature:

WILL THERE EVER BE A MARK V?
"Yes, there will probably be a Mark V...but not for a long time. And it will probably sound just like the Mark IV, but with a simpler control layout. It's not next on my palette because the Mark IV is still going strong after 12 or 13 years. But who knows? By the time that bad boy comes around, anything can happen!"

Latest posts

Back