Mesa Warranty

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Courtney

Reaction score
I have a Road King and it has had a "catastrophic tube failure" as I was told by our local Mesa dealer. They got it working and all, but ever since then it just hasnt sounded the same. Sounds real floppy almost like its overheating or something. I dont realy know how to describe. I dont really trust the dealership with it, because they clearly didnt fix it right the first time, and they were like...weve never even seen that amp before, thats some complicated stuff. I know it is, but thats not what I want to hear from the repair guy!!! Anyway, I really want to get it fixed the right way, and I think the only logical option would be to send it off to California and have Mesa look at it. Does Mesa do this for their warranties, or is this out of the question? It is still under warranty for a good amount of time, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Jeff

Mesa will totally take care of you.

I live not far from Mesa HQ, and they have never even asked for proof of warranty for anything Ive brought them.

Id call them first, Im almost 100% sure you wont have a problem dealing with them. Almost everyone here who has dealt with them directly will tell you that Mesa takes good care of their people.

Awesome. Ill have to get ahold of them...I knew they were good t thier customers, but I thought they might say go to an authorized dealer, but its nice to know they care about their customers, unlike the local music shop lol. Thanks guys

Jeff

Well I have a question about the Mesa Warranty. I ordered a Road King 7 months ago and still waiting. I have been reading that Mesa tubes are not that desirable, so I been looking at a possibility of re-tubing which I know would void the warranty, but is it worth it? A better sound over voiding a 5 year warranty. Could I buy new tubes and if something screws up just throw the Stock Mesa tubes back in, drive to Mesa and ask what wrong with my amp? And hopefully no questions asked? Or is there something I missing, I remember reading a thread that Mr. Smith will approve non mesa tubes as long as they "fall within Mesa's Specs"

you would only need to live with the mesa tubes for six months, as the warranty only covers tubes 6months. however, i dont know if you would still void the warranty on the actual amp itself. lots of people use other tubes w/o problems. I wouldnt worry so much if you take care of the amp properly.

"Could I buy new tubes and if something screws up just throw the Stock Mesa tubes back in, drive to Mesa and ask what wrong with my amp? "

Too late, they're onto you now! They watch this forum religiously, just for questions like this one! :wink:

They really have no real way of knowing as long as they're within operating spec. You didn't post a serial #..

It seems to me like a safety net for them incase you retube and they're out of spec and really damage something.

It's like a car.. you take your aftermarket stuff off before taking it to the dealer :p

Latest posts

Back