Mesa V-twin preamp pedal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisRocksUSA

Reaction score
question - It's supposed to sound like a recto right? I have a DR but would love one if I could plug headphones into it and use it for late night practice.

Will it work with just headphones?

-Chris

Yes, good Recto sound according to some people. See google group alt.guitar.amps

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.guitar.amps/browse_thread/thread/cd33079ea55cc725/b493f00534276432?q=V-twin&rnum=1#b493f00534276432

RE headphones and V-Twin, see also

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.guitar.amps/browse_thread/thread/dcc4b58987797d05/3d9836f82626a1b3?q=V-twin+headphone&rnum=1#3d9836f82626a1b3

I have a V-twin and LOVE it!! It makes my old Fender Deluxe sound like a metal machine. It seems like it has just a touch less distortion than a Recto has, but it's still a metal monster. I'll run a tubescreamer in front of it sometimes to give it more distortion.

I've ran it through head phones several times and it sounds good, but I think it sounds best in to an amp or poweramp and that a POD or similar device sounds better with head phones since that's what they're made for, and in some cases the POD or Behringer V-Amp2 can cost less.

Thats just my $.02 worth.

ChrisRocksUSA said:
question - It's supposed to sound like a recto right? I have a DR but would love one if I could plug headphones into it and use it for late night practice.

Will it work with just headphones?

-Chris

It doesn't really sound like a Recto. It's voiced for less gain. However, if you use the higher output "Power Amp" jack in the rear, you will definitely get more gain, closer to Recto territory.

The only way to get a real Recto sound is to have a negative feedback loop in the power amp. Even the Triaxis can't pull off the Recto sound with the 2:90 power amp, but with the 2:100's negative feedback loop activated (footswitch), it's the wildest Recto you'll ever hear.

Latest posts

Back