Mesa Stiletto users settings!!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgcable

Reaction score
Try this. You will be blown away.

Settings:

Bold
Tube tracking (switches are on the back)
Fluid Drive
Presence 0
Bass 10
Mid 10
Treble 0
Gain 10

Your welcome.

ValveHeavyTone said:
sounds like poo on my rig............... sorry.

Are you using a Stage II Stiletto or a Hollywood Modded Stage I?
These settings came straight from Randall himself and are Mesa's very own "secret settings" I am told.
Including myself, I know several other pro players who use these settings.

jgcable said:
ValveHeavyTone said:

These settings came straight from Randall himself and are Mesa's very own "secret settings" I am told.

So which Stiletto are those settings for? Stage I or Stage II, or modded?

jgcable said:

Settings:

Bold
Fluid Drive
Presence 0
Bass 10
Mid 10
Treble 0
Gain 10

Your welcome.

are these settings assumed clock position or is 10 the same thing as all of the way up? It seems kind of wierd to me that anyone would want to max out anything on a Mesa amp. It seems like they are always giving you more than enough of anyhting that you have control over on the panel wether it be Gain, bass, treble etc... Although I do like my presence maxed on my Triple! It gives me a nice headroom of edge that I can dial in or out with the tone controls to control the nasties. :wink:

10 means all the way up.
My Stiletto is a Hollywood Modded Stage I Deuce.
I understand that these settings work on all Stilettos and Rectifiers.

jgcable said:
ValveHeavyTone said:

Told by whom? Who are the other pro players that use these settings? If I call Mesa's tech support and ask them about these 'secret settings' will they deny it? Not trying to be adversarial or anything, in fact I intend to try these settings when I get home. Just seems strange that with many thousands of Mesa users out there no one has spoken of this before?

jgcable said:

Settings:

Bold
Fluid Drive
Presence 0
Bass 10
Mid 10
Treble 0
Gain 10

Your welcome.

Yes, I was blown away by the awfulness of this sound. I tried it just for a laugh.

WRRRFFFFF. WRRRFFFFSSSSHHHHHKK.

Reading the manual will make it clear just how awful this will sound. Burying the treble really alters the EQ and not in a good way IMO.

What kind of rig would make this setting sound good? Thru a 4 x 12 its wubb-tastic noise.

-P

I know alot of pro players on the Jackson/Charvel forum who use these settings. I was told that Mesa uses them. You should call them. One of the JCF members knows Randall.
I was also told the settings work for Marshall too.
Supposedly.. Fender has "secret" settings too. Something to do with 3's and 6's. Its how they benchmark their amps.

Try these settings. I love tweaking amps and I have been working hard on my Hollywood Modded Stage I Stiletto Deuce.

Bold
Tube Tracking
100w
Fluid Drive
Pres 4
Bass 6.5
Mid 3.5
Treb 4
Gain 10

The only problems I experience with the Mesa secret settings are
the amp causes most of my guitars to squeal unless I back off on the guitar volume and the fact that it doesn’t sound that good until you start turning the amp up pretty loud. Its still amazing to me that they sound good at all.

Do you have the original Mesa tubes in them? It might sound different for others because of the the tube differences. I have jj's in mine, so it won't let me get that far due to squeeling.

That might work for a Marshall.....but not a Mesa.

The EQ is much more complex....just by seeing it, one can definitely tell it's going to sound like ***.....

Why would Randall use such a complez EQ only to use the settings on 10 and 0?

jgcable said:
10 means all the way up.
My Stiletto is a Hollywood Modded Stage I Deuce.
I understand that these settings work on all Stilettos and Rectifiers.

So turn off the treble and presence and then peg the Bass, Mids and Gain? What does this sound like? What kind of sustain do you have in your notes? It seems like it might be really huge sounding but really saggy and slow sounding @ the same time. How tight does this actually sound? Is it muddy @ all?

jgcable said:
ValveHeavyTone said:

Who are the Pro Players that you know of useing these settings? Any that I could listen to in a recording?? Maybe with a 6l6 rectifier? :?:

jgcable said:
I know alot of pro players on the Jackson/Charvel forum who use these settings. I was told that Mesa uses them. You should call them. One of the JCF members knows Randall.
I was also told the settings work for Marshall too.
Supposedly.. Fender has "secret" settings too. Something to do with 3's and 6's. Its how they benchmark their amps.

Try these settings. I love tweaking amps and I have been working hard on my Hollywood Modded Stage I Stiletto Deuce.

Bold
Tube Tracking
100w
Fluid Drive
Pres 4
Bass 6.5
Mid 3.5
Treb 4
Gain 10

The only problems I experience with the Mesa secret settings are
the amp causes most of my guitars to squeal unless I back off on the guitar volume and the fact that it doesn’t sound that good until you start turning the amp up pretty loud. Its still amazing to me that they sound good at all.

Sorry--I didnt see this post while I was posint the last 2--how loud do you have to be in order to have it start sounding good? Also, What level is your preamp volume on compared to the output?

My master volume around 4 and my channel volume around 3.
Those settings really sound good believe it or not. I am using the stock Stiletto Deuce tubes and I tried it through several cabinets with everything from Vin 30's to 90w Black Shadows.

jgcable said:
My master volume around 4 and my channel volume around 3.
Those settings really sound good believe it or not. I am using the stock Stiletto Deuce tubes and I tried it through several cabinets with everything from Vin 30's to 90w Black Shadows.

Is that 3 o'clock and 4 'oclock on the volumes? :shock:

Anway, I tried the settings at bedroom volume using a Marshall 2x12 with V30's and an Ibanez RG with a JB in the bridge and it sounded pretty decent. It's no worse than any of the other settings I've been able to come up with. O yea, one difference is I used TiteGain instead of Fluid Drive. Boosting with a Bad Monkey helps too. 8)

Latest posts

Back