Mesa Output Transformer

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyounce

Reaction score
I realize that this may be the wrong place to bring up this topic, but I hoping that someone can help. I recently came into possession of a Mitchell Pro100 amp, and I understand that it is essentially a clone of the Mesa Boogie Mark I. If that is correct, I need to know the output impedance to assure that I don't incorrectly load the output tubes. My copy of the Mark I schematic indicates that the output is 4 ohms. If I can then assume that the Mitchell output is also 4 ohms, then I should be able to run two 8 ohm speakers in parallel. Can anyone confirm that the Mesa Mark I and the Mitchell both have output transformers that have a single output, no taps, that is matched at 4 ohms? Thanks.

Probably doesn't matter within reason your amp can handle a mismatch unless the design already has a major mismatch. On the building forums we often don't use the optimum load on the tube. Guitar amps are built to generate more distortion adn a mismatch causes more thd. It will be a little harder on the tubes, and its a lot better to put an 8 ohm in a 16 ohm jack than a 8 ohm in a 4 ohm jack with tubes.

Back