Mesa Mark V - Sticky/Jerky 5-Band EQ Sliders

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_Blaszk

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just purchased a used Mesa Mark V (90 Watt) head and I noticed that the 5-band EQ sliders are kind of gunked up and sticky/jerky. Does anyone know what the best/easiest way for me to resolve this would be?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Mike

There is cleaners available. Make sure you get one that works for potentiometers and other moving parts.
CAIG DeoxIT Pot & Switch Cleaner D5, F5, Gold. Just spray and work the sliders. I clean all my amps at least once a year. Deoxit makes several products for cleaning electronics.
The D5 is used to flush out oxidation, flux, and crud. The F5 is used to relubricate and rejuvenate knobs and sliders, especially faders.
http://store.caig.com/s.nl/it.I/id.5/.f

It might do it.

I've asked this question in a couple of different forums and have gotten slightly different responses. Everyone seems to be on board with Deoxing the faders, but some suggest F5 lubricant/cleaner and others say stay away from any cleaner at all costs and opt for the Fadergrease. I almost wonder if its not best to hit it with cleaner, clear things out and then top it up with Fadergrease to lube everything up long term.

I think you got it. I have had amps come back from the dead after cleaning them more than once. I clean them. Lubrication of some type is needed after cleaning.

Everything's finished. Fully cleaned and put back together. I ended up scraping out all of the gunk from the 5-band eq slots with a toothpick/dental tool, hitting it with compressed air and a vacuum and, then, spraying it lightly with Deoxit F5 Faderlube. Now, all seems great and fully functional so I won't mess around with the Deoxit Fader Grease unless I have to in the future. I'll keep an eye on it and, if I have to, I have some grease on hand that ill use to top it up. Thanks for all of the help/suggestions guys! I appreciate it!

Latest posts

Back