Mesa Mark III Arrived!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pierce34celtic

Reaction score
Just received this in the mail and have dialed in some great tones. Purchased for $650 shipped, with extra set of preamp tubes, manual, and a Voodoo custom footswitch. Mark III purple stripe, 60 watt combo.

Short Review- This thing is loud! However, it's very possibly to get good tones at low volumes by turning up the lead master and lowering the overall master volume. Clean channel is very nice, bright, shimmery, Fender like. With some chorus and reverb, very 80s style clean.

The Crunch channel is a little bit difficult to dial in if you wish to dial in a nice clean/lead. But it does nicely for classic rock/blues if you take the time to dial it in.

The lead channel is brutal. With the gain low, its fairly clean, but once you turn it up past 5, you get a nice heavy crunch. The great thing is that the gain is usable. You can go up to 10 on this knob, and still maintain a smooth, juicy lead tone. With all the EQ knobs, and push pulls, there's a lot of options, i tend to leave everything pulled out, except Middle (Pull r2), although if you pull it out, it adds a little extra saturation.

The GEQ is great, and you can bump up the mids for a marshall-esque tone which is thick, and dial back the mids for the classic metallica V shaped sound. Overall, fantastic amp at a good price, still plenty of time to mess around with my sound, but I'm pleased.

HPIM0516.jpg

HPIM0515.jpg

HPIM0514.jpg

HPIM0513.jpg

Congratulations.

My Mark III blue is my "go to" amp. You got your amp for a good price and it seems to be in great shape. You really can't go wrong.

Install the R2 volume mod and you'll be all set.

Congratulations on the Mk III. I love mine. So many tones in there. Have fun!

Latest posts

Back