Mesa F50 Combo - NEED ADVICE!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy1839

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an F50 and need to spread the sound around a bit during gigs and practices. I have a Fender Roc-pro 100w SS combo I don't use.

Can I run a cable from the FX send from the F50 into the return of the Fender and use it as a kind of 'active' extension cab??

I've tried it and it seems to work, but I need to know if I'm doing any lasting damage to either amp. :?: :shock: :?:

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Andy

why not just use a speaker cable and use the 2, 4 ohm outs on the amp the ss must have speaker jack or something

The SS doesn't have a passive jack socket for the speaker, I suppose I could alwaly put a socket in and connect it directly to the speaker couldn't I?

I'm new to this (as if you can't guess!)

Andy

just take the speaker connection off and make a connection there radio shack will have evrything you need

I do something similar. I run out of the effects send on my F-50 into the effects return of a DC-3. As long as you're plugging into an effects return jack (power amp in) on the Fender amp you should be fine.

I use this configuration when I'm running my rig in stereo, using a stereo delay and chorus to split the signal left and right. It's a great way to really fatten up your sound and give your sound a nice 30dimensional vibe.

Thanks guys!

I'll be breaking the soldering iron out this weekend.

fingers crossed nothing will blow up/burn down!

Andy

Back