Mesa F-50 Lead/Rhythm sounds (Prog rock song in Drop D)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tanttu

Reaction score
Hi fellows!

Here's a prog rock song we recorded in our home studio with the F-50 Head through 2x12 V30s cab. This showcases F-50's potential nicely. Especially the instrumental section demonstrates lead tones well. Let me know what you think and I'm happy to answer questions! :) Remember to watch in 1080p!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSV9aRr9qNc

Keep on rockin'! 8)

Brilliant. Impressive. Great work. Reminds me of Dream Theatre..... surely an influence. It's good to hear other music rather than 'metal'.

You're the rhythm guitarist in this clip, right? (I made this assumption from your username here and the name on your youtube clip).

The F-50 sounds very good indeed. Was this the only amp used for this song or was there another amp?

Keep it up. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

flat out incredible.......great tones, well recorded.....totally pro stuff......i loved the other video as well!!!! the best compliment I can give you is that I would buy this.

in fact, i will buy it......but i didnt see any links or anything directing me to a place where I could buy your material.

Blaklynx said:
Brilliant. Impressive. Great work. Reminds me of Dream Theatre..... surely an influence. It's good to hear other music rather than 'metal'.

You're the rhythm guitarist in this clip, right? (I made this assumption from your username here and the name on your youtube clip).

The F-50 sounds very good indeed. Was this the only amp used for this song or was there another amp?

Hi Blaklynx! Thanks for the positive feedback, it's always great to hear what others think. :) And yes, I'm the rhythm guitarist as you suspected.

The F-50 was indeed the only amp we used for this and the other song we have out (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3halXv1b40) for both lead and rhythm sounds. It really is a kick-*** amp especially for the price they go out these days! 8) This was the first time we recorded a tube amp and for students' budget and beginners' know-how it came out great.

masque said:
flat out incredible.......great tones, well recorded.....totally pro stuff......i loved the other video as well!!!! the best compliment I can give you is that I would buy this.
Wow, thanks for the kind words, masque! Great to hear we're doing something right that you'd be happy to even pay for the stuff. It really means a lot. :)

Sadly, at this point we don't have anything out besides these YouTube vids. We have multiple songs written and are working on releasing these demos one by one like we've done with the two you saw. Hopefully we'll be able to put out an album in the future for you guys to enjoy! 8) Feel free to spread the word if you have friends that might like our stuff too.

tanttu said:
Blaklynx said:

Hi Blaklynx! Thanks for the positive feedback, it's always great to hear what others think. :) And yes, I'm the rhythm guitarist as you suspected.

The F-50 was indeed the only amp we used for this and the other song we have out (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3halXv1b40) for both lead and rhythm sounds. It really is a kick-*** amp especially for the price they go out these days! 8) This was the first time we recorded a tube amp and for students' budget and beginners' know-how it came out great.

masque said:
Wow, thanks for the kind words, masque! Great to hear we're doing something right that you'd be happy to even pay for the stuff. It really means a lot. :)

Sadly, at this point we don't have anything out besides these YouTube vids. We have multiple songs written and are working on releasing these demos one by one like we've done with the two you saw. Hopefully we'll be able to put out an album in the future for you guys to enjoy! 8) Feel free to spread the word if you have friends that might like our stuff too.

trust me, i have!!!! i have emailed the link to your video to all of my friends and those that have watched it love it! please keep us in the loop as you put more stuff together or get around to being able to release something……or if you can eventually make these songs available as a download somewhere as well! I'm a fan!

masque said:
trust me, i have!!!! i have emailed the link to your video to all of my friends and those that have watched it love it! please keep us in the loop as you put more stuff together or get around to being able to release something……or if you can eventually make these songs available as a download somewhere as well! I'm a fan!

Thanks mate, it really means the world to us! :) I'll keep you posted. We are working on a new release as we speak and it will be shared here for the leads are from F-50 again. Rhythm sounds are not, tho. :oops: It should be ready before Christmas (fingers crossed!)...

tanttu said:
masque said:

Thanks mate, it really means the world to us! :) I'll keep you posted. We are working on a new release as we speak and it will be shared here for the leads are from F-50 again. Rhythm sounds are not, tho. :oops: It should be ready before Christmas (fingers crossed!)...

excellent! what amp was used for the rhythm's?

^ We used ENGL Thunder 50 for the rhythms on our upcoming song. I'll post it here once it's finished! 8)

Latest posts

Back