Mesa F-30 owners - Sign in here!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GibsonV05

Reaction score
I recently bought an F-30 1x12, and love it! I just would like to know:

What type of music are you playing?
What brand tubes are you using?
Loud enough for gigs?
Using with an extension cabinet?

Overall, what's your thoughts of the amp, as opposed to the F-50, and F-100.

Thanks in advance.

this thing rocks.
metal.
stock.
internal speaker in the 4 ohm jack, 16 ohm 4x12 cab in the 8 ohm jack.
very loud when i need it.
i dig it over the f50 because of el84's chimyness.
i LOVE this amp.

Howdy,

I've got the 112 combo as well and I'm really happy with this amp.

It's only a few months old and is stock. I really like classic rock and this amp has great tone for that.

I've got an LP Std as well as a Mexican Strat. The tone in this amp is awe inspiring. I've never played my LP in any position except lead. The clean tones have me exploring more of the rhythm settings. I'm hearing tones I've never heard before. How do you describe tone in words?

My Strat always sounded a little weak through my 8100 ValveState Hd but I pick it up more now. It just sings while playing any Pink Floyd solo through the F-30.

Have not gigged with it yet and I'm really curious to see how it would hold up.

I haven't tried it through my cabinet yet. I just can't seem to find enough time to play it!

Hey! I wnat to join the happy masses! I have had my F-30 for about.....................45 minuttes! SWEEEEEEEEET sounding! I'm already in love :)
Will post more info at another time......needs to play now.....see you!
B.R. Anders

Have had my F30 head for about six months now and love it.......!!!!
play alot of different styles, mostly avant-gardish jazz, standards, full gain metal and some funk and blues........this thing never lets me down......really makes me work as it is very responsive to your playing.....the more feel you put into individual notes the more it will sing and suprise you!!! Great distinction between individual notes in chordes (even when playing extension chords with moderate gain, which is really saying something), Mesa's famous liquid leads are there in abundance, and the cleans go from really punchy funk to crystal clean country to dark and complex jazz......can even get a near marshallish distortion from the clean channell with some patience and exploration......
Run it through a Galto (anyone ever heard of this cab? 15 inch speeker, i think a fender bassman knock off) cab that delivers amazing low end......also ran it through a marshall 4x12 loaded with greenbacks......once again, amp sounded amazing.......also have two peavey audition 30 combo amps, rewired them for use as extension cabs for at home practice......nice to finally hear a great tone come out of a peavey!! both open back combos so they really fill up my loft well. Always play with the same guitar......Epiphone Sheraton II.....which i absolutly adore....tried alot of gibson ES models and the sheraton came out on top every time in both craftmanship and tone.....can do any style of electric music known to man now, with one head and one guitar (well, i also have a polytone for doing serious jazz stuff, cant beat that amp for classic jazz tones a la montgomery)......i am a pretty happy guy......

progressive rock
stock
don't know, haven't tried
no extention cab

I didn't compare it to the other F series amps. I was after a small, versitile tube amp with a cab emulated output and good distortion. I took my guitar to the store to try out the amp and found that the F-30 had the tones I was looking for. 8)

Back