mesa dual rectifier serial R-001613

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bought a mesa dual rect head and mesa 4x12 cab off craigslist both for $1000.00 cash!!!

It has some features that I've never seen before and I've owed four rectifiers over the years.

I know about the pre-500's, but is this a good sought after version of a dual rect also??

Here are the things I noticed different about this one....

1)mesa badges on head and cab are different than newer models(they are smaller)
2)dials on the back are large plastic old school type knobs
3)power cord isn't detachable
4)It has a ground a/b switch
5)cabinet only has 3 inputs instead of 4 like the newer cabs
6)bar on back that protects tubes uses easy release type bolts instead of screws

see pics below.

Serial # R-001613
IMG_3405.jpg

IMG_3407.jpg

IMG_3408.jpg

IMG_3409.jpg

IMG_3412.jpg

Did I make a good buy?

WoW!!! That was a great buy!!!!! You basically got the cab for free!!!

As for the Recto, I think you might have a Rev. F!! Either way you came out on top!!!

sweet, thanks.....i figured I got a good deal......everything works perfect too....I just replaced the preamps tubes last night and it took care of the hissing noise......

so about how old do you think this one is??

I know I can open it up and there should be a date, but until I have to I really don't want to.

Late '92 to '93, Revision F. It's a great deal for sure. Revision F's usually go in the $1000 to $1200 range, so like fluff said...you basically got the cab for free.

Wow you got very lucky with that deal...

good luck and enjoy the awesome tones Mesa will deliver

$1000 for a dual halfstack is a super deal! One time there was a 3ch Triple rec halfstack on a nearby town's craigslist also for $1K. I snatched that up and sold it locally within 2 hours of getting home with it for $1400. :lol:

i just found a triple rec brand new with the warranty for 1400 plus shipping... but i have to use my behringer cab and i had to spend fifty bucks on 2 ten foot speaker cables .. 14 gauge

Trying to figure out the year of mine as well, serial R-011488. Bought it with a Marshall 1960a cab, an ATA rack case for the head, and a BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer all for $1500.

mesa1.jpg

mesa2.jpg

mesa4.jpg

your head is a Revision G.

Based on your serial number, I'd guess it's a late 1998 model.

Here is a description of the Rev G models by another website:

Ref G - Darker yet. Rev G is the final 2 channel revision and is built around a different transformer than the previous revisions. It went from around serial number 2822 in late 1993 until it ceased production somewhere around 16,000 units in 2000. It is darker, looser, and has more bottom end than previous versions. Also has the best clean channel, a parallel effects loop and is the first to have the solo volume boost feature. The head covering switched from leather to tolex on this version. Although many will argue pre-500 this and rev whatever that sound better, THIS revision is the classic 90s Dual Rectifier tone.

You got a pretty good deal, hope this info helps!!

broootalmesa240 said:
your head is a Revision G.
Ref G - Darker yet. Rev G is the final 2 channel revision and is built around a different transformer than the previous revisions. It went from around serial number 2822 in late 1993 until it ceased production somewhere around 16,000 units in 2000. It is darker, looser, and has more bottom end than previous versions. Also has the best clean channel, a parallel effects loop and is the first to have the solo volume boost feature. The head covering switched from leather to tolex on this version. Although many will argue pre-500 this and rev whatever that sound better, THIS revision is the classic 90s Dual Rectifier tone.

Ok... I'm a bit confused. I thought I had a 2 Channel Dual that was a Rev G. Serial # somewhere in the R-07XXX. Solo Boost? Is there some 'secret' button I'm not seeing? :?

according to your serial number it's a revision G from 1995-1996(estimate date).

As for the solo boost......yeah whoever wrote that might have been mistaken. I got it from some forum a while back so I'm not 100%

The one's with solo boost have a solo knob next to the output knob on the front......it's activated when you press the solo button on the footswitch......the older rectos have a 1 button footswitch, and the newer ones have a bigger multi-button footswitch

yeah.. that's what I was thinking. The solo boost feature is only found on the 3 channel amps. I used to own a 3 channel triple before I picked up the dual.

Back