Mesa Dual Rectifier 2-channel

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

visualrocker69

Reaction score
How much do you think a near-mint condition 2-channel Dual Rectifier would sell for? I'd like to factor that into my budget plan.

If I remember correctly, the 2-channel's tone is cleaner, smoother, and tighter. Anything else? How does the clean channel compare to the new one?

visualrocker69 said:
How much do you think a near-mint condition 2-channel Dual Rectifier would sell for? I'd like to factor that into my budget plan.

If I remember correctly, the 2-channel's tone is cleaner, smoother, and tighter. Anything else? How does the clean channel compare to the new one?

The clean channel is not the same as the newer 3 channels. On a 2 channel you'll find them considerably darker and warmer. This can be improved (IMO) by cloning the Orange channel to Modern but it's still not as sparkly as a newer Recto.

Pay attention to the pre-amp tube in v1 can improve things a little too...a brighter tube such as an Ei Elite or EH12ax7 will help.

It's more than passable for playing clean passages in Metallica / metal songs :D

You'll typically score one for considerably less than $1500, check the classifieds ;)

it all depends on WHICH 2 channel you are talking about.

The features changed a lot througout their history.

If you post a pic of the front and back of your amp, I'll tell you how to price it.

Elpelotero said:

If you post a pic of the front and back of your amp, I'll tell you how to price it.

Indeed .. you have 2 amps in your sig that people would pay $1500+ for :D

JKD said:
Elpelotero said:

Yeah...it makes me sick......haha just kiddin E. You're a lucky dude.

-AJH

don't tempt me.....lol. One was sold to my bandmate. THe other is mine forever. Youd' have to pry it off my cold dead fingers...actually, my fingers would probably be stuck to the guitar, in which case you can just take the amp off the cab, but you have to find me first!

I just think that there's not two 2CH dual recto that sounds the same...

I had few mesa (3CH DR, Single DR, recto pre w/vht2502, RK v1) I was looking for the perfect mesa ... RK was good but too heavy and I only needed the 3rd channel)

I bought a 97' 2ch DR... the clean was awful (compared to the 3CH) and the high gain lead tone was too straight...maybe a 92-93 would have been better?

I resold it for a 3CH DR again !!! And it sounds as I like it !!!
for me it makes the real recto sound as you can hear in many bands
some like it, some don't, but never mind...

Well, I calculated that I wanted a chrome chassis DR to add to my pallete of rainbow like tones. The sun had reached the apex for the vernal equinox so I alotted $ 1200. As it turns out, my math was wrong, but I chanced upon a chrome chassis for sale on a website in upstate NY. Now, after prudent planning and getting the verbal approval from my financial advisor I had negotiated a price of $ 900.00 for the amp plus shipping. After shipping it was $ 975.00 so I recalculated the difference and decided that the discretionary difference would go toward a steak dinner for 2 at Morton's. After payment and a three day wait the chrome chassis DR came in an I was notified via the tracking number that it had been delivered. When I got home I carefully unpacked it and checked it over. Much to my chagrin, the seller has misrepresented the amp as a late 90's Dual Rectifier. It turned out to be R023X from 6/92. In my itinerary to the purchase, I neglected to ask what the serial number on the amp was.

My mistake. Out of the 30,000 Dual Rectifiers produced I had mistakenly had the error of purchasing an amp with a 1.6% chance of owning.

Are you Stuart Smalley?

92esmalley.jpg

I meant, I would like to buy one and wonder how much it would cost... but now that you say there's a diff even within the 2-channel rectifier's, i better look into that. Thanks for the tip.

Elpelotero said:

Well not really, i had R0394 that i picked up off ebay for $940, no one else really bid on it, most people want the 3 channels or the rackmounts. Out of all the amps, the rackmounts go for the most, the regular black on black goes for the $1200 to $1300 and the chrome chassis go for the $1300 to $1500 range.

JKD said:
Elpelotero said:

+1 to the above. I got each of mine for 900 plus shipping.

To find these deals though, you have to be obsessed. I would (and still do) check ebay and all my other sites several times a day until I find the gear I want. Then I aggressively go after it. It takes a lot of patience. Even when you think you found something good, you need to hold back and realize if it is a truly worthy piece. That's what GAS is all about. Holding your money for the truly worthy pieces instead of buying this and that and reselling to buy another this or that and the hottest new gizmo. When you get that piece, you enjoy it so much more because of all the effort you put forth and because of the uniqueness, special tone, and special value it has.

Yup, and I liked my R0394, however i ended up selling it to a friend for $1000, now i am going after a tremverb as i need a gigging amp.

Elpelotero said:
+1 to the above. I got each of mine for 900 plus shipping.

To find these deals though, you have to be obsessed. I would (and still do) check ebay and all my other sites several times a day until I find the gear I want. Then I aggressively go after it. It takes a lot of patience. Even when you think you found something good, you need to hold back and realize if it is a truly worthy piece. That's what GAS is all about. Holding your money for the truly worthy pieces instead of buying this and that and reselling to buy another this or that and the hottest new gizmo. When you get that piece, you enjoy it so much more because of all the effort you put forth and because of the uniqueness, special tone, and special value it has.

You can pick up a non pre500 like me with its cab for $1500 in near mint with NOS tubes. :D

Back