Mesa dual rectifier 2 channel vs triple 3 channel

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vitriol666

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a newbie on this forum that recently fell in love with a triple rectifier that I played a couple of weeks ago. Now I have sold my equipment hoping to buy one. The reason I fell in love with this amp was the modern high gain sound. Will I get the excact same sound out of a dual two channel rectifier? I have been offered one of these but the seller lives to far away for me to get to play the amp before I buy.

You missed the usual monthly 2ch vs 3 ch debate here

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=8972

You'll be happy with either in my opinion, but the popular opinion is the 2 ch has a warmer gain tone with a slightly weaker clean tone.

happy reading!

hi, you will surely have more headroom with a triple (which is rated 150W) rather than with a dual (which is rated 100W), the differences are subtle but all depend on how you will use it: if you don't play in very large events/concerts i would not suggest the triple because the higain channels will suffer if played at low volumes (i think even a dual will suffer if not played at least at rehearsal volumes!). But you must not think that dual is named that way because it's got two channel! Both the new Dual and Triple have got 3 channel. The difference, as said, is in the power section: but more power influences also the tone and the rendering of the amp after the use you make of it. The first dual and triple rectos in middle '90s had 2 channels and many people consider them to be a bit warmer sounding in the heavy channel. Newer models have got better cleans though.

Latest posts

Back