Mesa "customer service" sucks!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vbf

Reaction score
I ordered, by phone, 4 preamp tubes LAST (correction) Thursday morning and I just now received the UPS shipping notice, FIVE days after I order 4 freaking preamp tubes and they won't arrive until NEXT Tuesday...UNACCEPTABLE!!!! Doug gets tube orders out the day they're ordered and they arrive in two days. Freakin' Mssa customer service SUCKS!! I am so ticked off about this!!! They speak arrogantly when talking with one of their technical people and act like it's a hassle to help. It probably won't do any good but I'm calling tomorrow and raising sand with their senior people. Dag gone I'm angry about this!!!!!

So, you're upset that a large manufacturer doesn't ship as fast as a small dealership?

What did you expect?

It might also be worth while to un-distort your facts a bit. You ordered on Friday. The next two days were the weekend. That means it's been two business days since you ordered. Dougs does ship faster but you pay an upcharge for that service. Did you elect to pay for faster shipping? Or is it simply something else to ***** about now that you have your panties in a knot?

I don't care who you're dealing with, most places don't ship on Fridays. Also, what time did you call? If you called in the afternoon (Pacific Time), there is no way that's going to happen. I personally wouldn't do it. Plus considering that Monday was a holiday (Columbus Day), your tubes were really shipped the next available business day. Seems pretty good to me!

For what it's worth, I've dealt with Mesa customer service a few times myself and can report that it's top notch!

vbf said:
I ordered, by phone, 4 preamp tubes LAST Friday morning and I just now received the UPS shipping notice, FIVE days after I order 4 freaking preamp tubes and they won't arrive until NEXT Tuesday...UNACCEPTABLE!!!! Doug gets tube orders out the day they're ordered and they arrive in two days. Freakin' Mssa customer service SUCKS!! I am so ticked off about this!!! They speak arrogantly when talking with one of their technical people and act like it's a hassle to help. It probably won't do any good but I'm calling tomorrow and raising sand with their senior people. Dag gone I'm angry about this!!!!!

hehehehe - more reasons to order from Doug is he's much cheaper and he sells better quality tubes too.
I just filled in one of his surveys so I get 10% off my next order :mrgreen:

I stand corrected...I actually ordered them first thing last Thursday morning...their time. So they had all day to prep and ship the tubes. I'm also hacked about the runaround I've gotten when my footswitch wouldn't work due to sloppy manufacturing, when the amp's volume would swell or drop out all together, when the amp would suddenly get ice picky requiring the amp to be turned of and off a couple times to resolve, when the steel handle cut through the cheap rubber coating and slashed my hand, and when I was told to buy a new slip cover about a month after the "warranty" ran out...the freakin' cover is literally coming apart at the seems after 6 months and they didn't have the courtesy to replace it? C'mon guys, these amps sell for $1,300...they're not cheap imports. I certainly expect a company like Mesa not to quibble over a cover that probably costs them $15. It's ridiculous. They have no email support, only open 4 days a weeks, and you wait all day for someone to call you back. And when they do they don't sound like they give a darn and rush to get off the call. So my frustration isn't with just the tubes taking nearly 12 days to arrive after being ordered. It's the cumulative effect of one thing after another and I'm just getting fed up with it. I don't mean to sound braggish and I hope it doesn't come off that way but I own two BMW's and a slew of hand-built pedals and high end gear. I try and spend my hard earned $$ on quality stuff. So I expect good customer service and get it from most manufacturers, except Mesa. And I'm not a demanding customer. But when you deal with better stuff it's not unrealistic to expect better service. Here's another example. When I ordered the tubes I was also prepared to order a cover. The guy told me that the covers weren't available and he could either hold my tube order until the covers came in or send the tubes then charge me an additional shipping fee to ship me the cover when it came in...and he had NO clue when that would be. Are you kidding me? I've NEVER been charged an additional shipping fee for back ordered goods. Again, ridiculous. So between all the problems I've had with the amp and the aforementioned frustrations, I'm just about fed up with the whole thing. I'm going to go look at Rivera and Dr. Z amp's this afternoon.

vbf said:
I stand corrected...I actually ordered them first thing last Thursday morning...their time. So they had all day to prep and ship the tubes. I'm also hacked about the runaround I've gotten when my footswitch wouldn't work due to sloppy manufacturing, when the amp's volume would swell or drop out all together, when the amp would suddenly get ice picky requiring the amp to be turned of and off a couple times to resolve, when the steel handle cut through the cheap rubber coating and slashed my hand, and when I was told to buy a new slip cover about a month after the "warranty" ran out...the freakin' cover is literally coming apart at the seems after 6 months and they didn't have the courtesy to replace it? C'mon guys, these amps sell for $1,300...they're not cheap imports. I certainly expect a company like Mesa not to quibble over a cover that probably costs them $15. It's ridiculous. They have no email support, only open 4 days a weeks, and you wait all day for someone to call you back. And when they do they don't sound like they give a darn and rush to get off the call. So my frustration isn't with just the tubes taking nearly 12 days to arrive after being ordered. It's the cumulative effect of one thing after another and I'm just getting fed up with it. I don't mean to sound braggish and I hope it doesn't come off that way but I own two BMW's and a slew of hand-built pedals and high end gear. I try and spend my hard earned $$ on quality stuff. So I expect good customer service and get it from most manufacturers, except Mesa. And I'm not a demanding customer. But when you deal with better stuff it's not unrealistic to expect better service. Here's another example. When I ordered the tubes I was also prepared to order a cover. The guy told me that the covers weren't available and he could either hold my tube order until the covers came in or send the tubes then charge me an additional shipping fee to ship me the cover when it came in...and he had NO clue when that would be. Are you kidding me? I've NEVER been charged an additional shipping fee for back ordered goods. Again, ridiculous. So between all the problems I've had with the amp and the aforementioned frustrations, I'm just about fed up with the whole thing. I'm going to go look at Rivera and Dr. Z amp's this afternoon.

Well, aren't you just full of needs? Ever try calling Mesa on a Friday? They are closed. Considering monday was a holiday I wouldn't expect anything before tuesday...

I had intermittent power loss problems w/ a 5:25 combo I bought used. The Mesa CS and techs worked w/ me over the phone, discussed the problem with me to get a better understanding and offer suggestions as to what I could do to test the problem. When we couldn't figure it out over the phone and e-mail, they called ahead to let the local authorized repair shops that I would be coming in and what my problem was. I never had to wait a full day to get a call back or an e-mail answer from Mesa. Neither of the 2 local shops could fix my problem, so I had to pay about $35.00, which included 1.25K insurance to send my amp back to Petaluma. Mesa repaired my amp in less than 2 weeks and sent it back to me prepaid/ insured. I haven't tried to purchase anything from them out right, but the Mesa CS and Tech dept were fast, curtious and excellent when it came to my problem.
Sorry you had a bad experience.

vbf,

I am very sorry to read that you had a bad experience with Mesa's customer service department. Putting your aggravation aside what do you think of the SPAX7's??

I enjoy reading your posts and I value your opinion.

Albert

If you think mesa customer service sucks because they didn't ship tubes fast you are missing the point.

Speed is not customer service. Taking time with customers IS customer service. The guys at M/B are amazing. I you have a real problem they will bend over backwards to help.

for example... http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=42566

I had a DC-5 with a bad handle. I called they answered and were very helpful. They sent the new handle and it arrived in about three days. A few weeks ago I called with a question on the difference in preamps between the LSS and the LSC. They were patient and I had a pleasant conversation. Great people , great amps.

Maybe I should cut em some slack. But I have admittedly been very frustrated with all the baloney I've had to put up with after shelling out a decent amount of cash for the 5:50. I do have high expectations when buying good gear. But then again, maybe I've been spoiled by the customer service and product reliability and quality of the other company's I deal with. Mesa is a good company but there's definitely things they can do better and their quality control can definitely be improved. And I appreciate all the responses here. We all have had differing experiences and I truly am glad that many of you are satisfied.

They don't work on Fridays and weekends and Monday might've been a holiday for them. If that's the case, they shipped the item on their next business day.

That's not bad at all.

In a competitive marketplace where social media has given the customer voice center stage, now more than ever it's critical to know exactly what your customers think. Engaging your customers from the inside out, and making sure everyone in your company shares the same vision—across departments, touch points, and geographies—are vital components to the health and success of your business. Customer Surveys can help you with a, Medical Survey

Latest posts

Back