Mesa cab speaker mix

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nismofreakish

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I don't know where to post this...

I currently own a Mesa vertical cab (2x12) with V30 which I run with my Roadster.

Although my tone is more than ok (I play modern rock), I wish I could find another speaker to swap in my cab to enhance my clean tone, without really impacting my dirt tone (or better, enhancing it as well).

I heard some clips here and there, but I'm not that convinced. For example, the G12T75 is ok, but really too scooped for my need and tastes, the GK100 seems awesome for the dirt tones, but really not for the cleans, the Greenbacks seem fine but I've read the db difference could be problematic and I need yet to find a clip showing a hi gain tone from them... I'd crave to hear a C90 played through a Rectifier and not a Mark...

Anyone could suggest a speaker to mix with a V30 that would help my question for a better clean tone? I really speak here about a speaker selection, not tubes, since I already found those that fit well for my tastes.

If this could help, my master volume is about 10 O' Clock all the time.

Thanks a lot!

I'm not to sure how they would work for clean tones. I don't play clean much and even when I do I am never very critical of my clean tone. However I have installed 2 eminence delta pro 12a's in an x pattern in my Mesa angle cab. It kept the signature tone of the v30s but added more girth and low end to the sound. The eminence doesn't color the tone as much as a v30 so I would suspect that they would be good for cleans. I could be wrong though.

I am running the Mesa MC90 mixed with the Mesa V30 in two Recto 4x12 cabs. I like the mix but I have been using them with a Marshall JVM410 head. Sound way better than the mix of Marshall V30 and G12T75 in my 1960AV cab.
I also have a Roadster and even though I have not been happy with the head, I do like the V30/MC90 mix better than just the V30s.

Latest posts

Back