Mesa branded 7027A in a C+?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schmoog

Reaction score
7027's are way cool tubes. the were out of production alltogether for many years, and only recently have foreign manufacturers started to produce that particular tube type again. they were pretty common back in the 60's in american combo's. Ampeg used them extensively in their gemini series, and the VT's as well. they are a high power, octal base tube. theoretically I believe they may be a direct replacement for a 6L6, but I am not 100% on that....

I know that some people used 6L6's whe 7027A's were out of production, but I'm not sure if a 7027 will replace a 6L6

I would still have the current draw checked if you install them in your Boogie,just to be sure.

I feel like I was told once that the 7027 places somewhere between a 6L6 and a KT88, meaning that it should handle the plate voltages no problem. I'm not 100% on that though

I had a 1979 MusicMan RD-165 in here yesterday with the original Sylvania 7027's. The music man puts 700volts on the plates in their hybrid circuit so you have nothing to worry about in your C+. I do agree with Stokes however that even though they will operate in your fixed bias boogie they would give far better performance being optimally biased.

Latest posts

Back