mesa boogie power amps

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chriz_batman

Reaction score
Hi, i have a quesiton which is it possible to use the slave on the road king to slave a power amp? if so how do i do that? just by plugging it into the input of the power amp? what are some benefits of a power amps? Thanks

I did some wet/dry experimenting with my Dual rec and 2:90. personally, I didn't like the sound of the slave out into another poweramp, it was alot brighter than i expected, i prefered the FX send out for feeding another amp.

What are you trying to do? the RK has a lot of poweramp options, so i can't see you needing even more power.

I'm not sure about your amp but I tried this using the slave out on my Mk IV to drive a Boogie 50/50 poweramp and came to the conclusion that I preferred a linear SS stereo amp instead of the 50/50. After I read the manual more thoroughly I found that the slave output on the Mk IV takes it's signal from the speaker output, so essentially I was using a tube poweramp to drive a tube poweramp. So now when I want to run W/D/W I get the great tone of the Mk IV without muddying the tone up with a second tube amp.

Latest posts

Back