Mesa/Boogie mark III vs. mark IIc+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wich amp is better for you?

• Mark IIc+

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Mark III

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Dual Rectifier

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Duckula

Reaction score
I'm looking for new amp. My best sound is from metallica's album, load and S&M. Have you got some clips of mark III and IIc+. I need some comparison. What do you thing, wich amp is better?

I apologies for my english :oops:

This is pointless. Everyone wants a IIC+ even if they don't know it. :D

I voted mark III just because the price suits me much better than that of th C+

I voted Mark III because the C+ is known to have many problems and it is known for its poor sound. That is why they made so few of them. After all the Markk III is NEWER!!! yeah! get a Mark III. Better yet a Mark Iv if you can find one. It's newer yet!

I can honestly say that I have tried both. Since I own a Quad Preamp, which has both the IIC+ and the III preamp in it. I know its not an exact match, but its **** fucking close. I have played with it for a month now, and run it through my Simul-Satellite's power section (read: 85watt Simul-Class, Greenstripe: wired for Pentode) I like the IIC+ for lead. Its bright and in your face, but not harsh. I haven't got the Mark III preamp in there to sound how I want it...

dmt said:
I can honestly say that I have tried both. Since I own a Quad Preamp, which has both the IIC+ and the III preamp in it. I know its not an exact match, but its **** f%&# close. I have played with it for a month now, and run it through my Simul-Satellite's power section (read: 85watt Simul-Class, Greenstripe: wired for Pentode) I like the IIC+ for lead. Its bright and in your face, but not harsh. I haven't got the Mark III preamp in there to sound how I want it...

this: "I can honestly say that I have tried both"
would never hold up in a court of law if one reads more about what you have to say! haha :D

I voted Mark III, because if your ideal tone is heavy metal with EMG pickups in your guitars, the MkIII will get you there for a LOT less money. :D

This Mark III did the metal sound very well.
DSC03493.jpg

JOEY B. said:
This Mark III did the metal sound very well.

It flapped the front and back screen doors and turned the microwave on/off and cracked the toilet. Geeez I bet you can't run that any higher than 1 on the master. You two are both very bad. I'm glad I'm NOT a neighbor. I'd like to live in the same town though.

GIG4FUN said:
It flapped the front and back screen doors and turned the microwave on/off and cracked the toilet. Geeez I bet you can't run that any higher than 1 on the master. You two are both very bad. I'm glad I'm NOT a neighbor. I'd like to live in the same town though.

The air vents in the ceiling were shaking and the aquarium was about to explode, no bullshit :lol: .

The main issue that I have with the C+ being thought of as a "heavy metal" amp is that it can do so much more. The "vintage corksniffer" Fender or Marshall lovers generally have NO IDEA that this amp can cover so much tonal ground. You just have to give it a chance with the right guitars and settings. There's nothing wrong with the heavy metal sound, just know that the Mark series was designed to be very versatile. Don't be afraid to find your own "best tone", it's in there for sure.

Latest posts

Back