mesa boogie dual rectifier 3 chan.love!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildrat666

Reaction score
I got my dual rect with a straight and slanted cabs today.
It sounds awesome. what a gain and the clean channel is good as h..
the tubes are changed to EL 34 ´s and i can easily get a mark 4 type of tightness. THIS IS THE BEST AMP EVER!!!! I love it already
Now i´m gonna riff all night and all morning, hope i survive

thank you. is there more 3 chan lover out there , feel free to post setting and stuff. this is a keeper. i´m going to retire my old 5150, cause this amp.......i can only feel love :roll:

I love my 3 channel too, I've surfed this board for a long time and there seems to be a lot of dislike for them, but I've never had a problem getting any tone I've wanted out of it, except for the first month of playing with it without reading the manual, almost sold it because of my stupidity. So here's some more love for the 3 channel monster

yeah i know a full mesa recto stack. i am a lucky one. i would like to send pics but i don´t know how to do it.
Dual rectifier is easy to get a nice tone on. With a little help from Ronnierocker I managed to get a nice clean-comp-nice lead tone on it.
I also manage to get a very nice country pickin tone with my girlfriend`s fender telecaster custom. Mesa Boggie dual rectifier I LOVE YOU!!!

wildrat666 said:
thank you. is there more 3 chan lover out there , feel free to post setting and stuff. this is a keeper. i´m going to retire my old 5150, cause this amp.......i can only feel love :roll:

lol. the amp i had before my dual rectifier was.... a 5150!

yes I used to love my 5150 and thought it was the best amp ever. then I saw an advert: mesa boogie rigg for sale. I tested the rigg and fell in love.

Congrats on the rig! My first amp was a 5150 as well! Have you checked out the amp setting DB? I think there are a lot of settings on there.

As far as posting pic's...just open a file sharing account (ie photobucket, flikr etc), post links from cell phone or digital camera, and then paste the url code into the message body on this forum.

Enjoy

I used to have a full stack and got rid of the bottom cab because I didn't like the way it sounded. I kept the half stack, took the casters off so the cab was directly on the ground and I love it. Has anyone else had this sort of experience? It seems that when I had a full stack, with the top cab right in my face, it not only hurt my ears but it seemed to suck the bottom end out of the sound. Maybe it's just me.

It didn't suck any bottom end....it's just pronounced the mid and treble frequencies since 4 of the speakers were at ear level.....at a distance, there would be no difference, other than the fuller sound of 4 extra speakers :wink:

I continue with my new love. the second guitarist in my band play on a marshall mode four and together we have the perfect sound. I easily cut thru on solos without the solo switch. Is Is amazing!!!!!
I also impressed that the amp is so quiet. I hope that you critics to the dual rect 3 chan. could hear the sound i´m getting from it.

for me this is like a dream. in sweden(where i live) this kind of amps are very expensive. the head only cost about 3700$.
oh mesa what a brand

wildrat666 said:
I continue with my new love. the second guitarist in my band play on a marshall mode four and together we have the perfect sound. I easily cut thru on solos without the solo switch. Is Is amazing!!!!!
I also impressed that the amp is so quiet. I hope that you critics to the dual rect 3 chan. could hear the sound i´m getting from it.

for me this is like a dream. in sweden(where i live) this kind of amps are very expensive. the head only cost about 3700$.
oh mesa what a brand

I have not doubt that you can cut through a Mode Four...

The Rec is the way to go... I loved the 5150 or the 5150 II, but they lacked the responsiveness for me that a TR or DR has...

wildrat666 said:
I got my dual rect with a straight and slanted cabs today.
It sounds awesome. what a gain and the clean channel is good as h..
the tubes are changed to EL 34 ´s and i can easily get a mark 4 type of tightness. THIS IS THE BEST AMP EVER!!!! I love it already
Now i´m gonna riff all night and all morning, hope i survive

Den är grym! Grattis!
CJG

tack CJG!!! synd att jag inte hann köpa din caparison gura. har du några fler som du ska sälja. hör av dig i så fall!!

Latest posts

Back