Mesa Boogie Dual Caliber 5 Graphic EQ trouble

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaper1984

Reaction score
When i turn of the 80hz fader and the 6600hz fader it acts weirdly, the volume fades in and out and it sounds like the equing does that aswell..eventually it stops fro a while, but then it happens at random...Any idea? Guy said he'd never changed tubes.
I got two "new ones" with it.
:?:

anyone? i've got a clip recorded of it, accidentaly when i was going to experiment with micpositions i just played and recorded a bit while it happened.
Seems like the volume/equing/amp looses power from time to time anyway, even tho i dont even touch the graphic eq so prob ably it's the tubes then or??

I've changed the powertubes, didn't help! I wouldn't say it's just dropping in volume, the eq of the tone changes aswell..and then it comes back periodically, help! Preamptubes!?

I just bought a DC3 real cheap and the 80hZ fader doesn't do anything, good or bad, just no change. I'm hoping it's simple, maybe a bad part or ground, but that doesn't help you.

Haha, poor us! :lol: I guess i just have to order all new preamptubes, if that don't work, then i'm fucked.

Latest posts

Back