Mesa Boogie DC-3 help??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy74

Reaction score
Hi I'm a newbie to this board so please forgive me for any errors in posting my questions.
I'm an amp tech here in Italy and one of my clients has bought in a Mesa Boogie DC-3 which he says after a few minutes playing it starts to crackle, I took a look at it while he was playing and the power tubes were red-plating quite a bit.
1) I have read the instruction manual and it seems just to be a "change the EL84's" solution right?
2) Since original Mesa tubes are pretty hard to find here in Italy, would the normal Sovteks be the right choice?
3)I've tried looking for schematics of this amp just to get an idea of where to look incase the problems not just in the tubes, but I haven't had any luck finding it, can anyone tell me where to find mesa boogie schematics?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out

1= we can only guess what's wrong (crackel)with the amp without playing it ! I think you don't need guessings but solutions.

2= yes

3= Call mesa :wink:

Hi thankyou very much for the help, does that German distributer only sell single EL84's?

Hi thankyou very much for your help.... just another technical question, I need to know how to test the DC resistance on both halves of the OT?

Latest posts

Back