Mesa Amp feature comparison chart

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsouth

Reaction score
Anyone here ever build a Mesa Amp feature comparison chart (a scoreboard "cheat-sheet" type of comparison of features of the various models)

Some thing that list "pluses and minuses", power, what type of music is best for that amp, etc ?

Are you looking for a place to start in creating your own, or do you think you can get a consensus, without significant objection, to do this and make it a part of FAQ's? I like the idea. I just wonder how you handle opposing opinions where tone is in question, since it is so personal. The back of the Mesa Sales Brochure allows for comparison on a VERY general basis. They could have done more, and perhaps intentionally left more specific characterizations off to avoid conflicts with customers who might disagree. For example, threads over amps and can they get into metal territory, seems a split vote on many that I've read.

Having said that, I wanted more info when trying to decide which amps might be up for consideration. As it turned out, I was able to play an LSS and an LSC, only not at the same store. Never got to consider much else, but I'm happy where I ended up.

I probably would not do one on my own....even though I would like to. My job affords me little slack time for things like this....I was hoping maybe someone had already do it. I dunno...maybe I will tackle it...maybe put it in a spreadsheet or something,,,

Back