MESA 4x12 Mystery Help Please

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UltraGary

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with one of these Mesa Boogie cabinets? I'm thinking about buying it, but the slant/straight style has me a bit confused. The seller claims he bought it new in 2005, but doesn't know the model name or anything. (?)

Any opinions or info is appreciated!
poop1.jpg

I have the same cab, probably around 05, its a staight cab , slant back, I love it gives you more room on top the slant cab to put your head mine has v30s not sure of yours

It's a standard over-sized straight recto cab with an angled baffle. They still make them but don't advertise the fact. I have one on order. They'd normally have V30's in them.

And they have LOADS of bottom end. I have one with the black instead of brown speaker cloth. The thing shakes EVERYTHING in the house including the aluminum heating tubes throughout the basement ceiling of my house. hehehe

NWOFORLIF

newfinator said:
It's a standard over-sized straight recto cab with an angled baffle. They still make them but don't advertise the fact. I have one on order. They'd normally have V30's in them.

Do you think that's factory grill cloth? I know it's not available anymore.....but it'd be great to know if it's been redone. (though they'd have done a great job if it was)

Yes that is cloath mesa uses, more then likley that cab was either special ordered, or it is older and was made for the tremoverb head.

UltraGary said:
Do you think that's factory grill cloth? I know it's not available anymore.....but it'd be great to know if it's been redone. (though they'd have done a great job if it was)

THANKS you guys. I spent most of my night driving out to get it, but I bought this cabinet tonight. It looked clean in all the pics he sent me, but it's even cleaner than I thought it was....a solid 9.5 condition.

I appreciate the info.

Back