Mesa 4x 12 vs two mesa 2x12 cabs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stompboxfreak72

Reaction score
I own a Mesa 4x12 slant cab and also two Mesa 2x12 horizontal cabs. I hate lugging the 4x12 around and usually I don't like all the bass that the cabinet kicks out. The 2x12 is more than enough but I hate the horizontal design because the sound hits me in the back of the legs. So I decided to bring both the 2x12 cabs just to get the sound from hitting me in the knees.

I ran both cabs out of 4 ohm outputs from my Dual Rectifier. I am still in shock at how good this sounded ! I have used this combination before and never thought much of it but at the time I was using a BUG wireless system ( MAN WHAT A TONE KILLER!) and a bunch of pedals and most were not true bypass. I now run a Vox Real Mccoy wah reissue( true bypass) into an Xotic BB Preamp ( True bypass)> Boss TR2 ( analogman mod but not true bypass) > Analogman Mini Chorus (true bypass)> Peterson Strobostomp tuner ( true bypass). I run a TC Electroncs vintage delay in the loop.

No booming bass and a really great clean sound when using the 2x12's. Has anyone else had this experience ? If only Mesa made stereo cabs.....

Latest posts

Back