Mesa 20/20 power amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

infrared72

Reaction score
Hi..

I've been checking out the 20/20 power amp for a small rack setup I've been building. Currently I'm playing with a bass player and a drummer in a small instrumental trio. I've got a Rocktron Piranha preamp that I really dig, along with a Boss VF1 fx processor, my old Ground Control pedal and two avatar 112 cabinets with Celestion Classic 80 speakers. Will I be able to keep up with a drummer and a bass player with the 20/20? We're playing some old Police stuff, jazz standards, and a few of my original tunes. While I'd love to pickup a 2:90, I don't think my back would thank me for that. In fact, I actually found a 2:90 second hand that is cheaper than a used 20/20. So I'd be all over that 2:90 if it wasn't heavy.

-PT

Absolutely no pb. I use mine with a TA, and the volume never exceed 10 o'clock on the 20/20, and my MFX keep the volume down too....

i used a 20/20 playing in a metal band.Never had it on full.
just no thump like you will get out of a 2:90 or 2:100

you will be able to run everyone out of the room with the 20/20 if you choose too. it can be very loud.

Will I be able to keep up with a drummer and a bass player with the 20/20?

I've got a TriAxis going into my 20/20 and from there to a couple of Thiele cabs. I never have the inputs of the 20/20 over 8 o'clock (TA output level is at 9 o'clock - and the patch levels have been scaled down). And I'm still too loud (in a 4-piece band)!!! I have a 2:90 that I don't use (yet)!

You'll keep up!

jbw

Thanks for all the replies. I think I'm going to move forward with a 20/20 purchase.

Don't know if you got your 20/20 yet.....but if you did.....Great Choice.....

I was using my 50/50 on Half Power.....in my rack with my Triaxis...until I got my hands on a 20/20.....and now the 50/50 is a dust collector........

Used it in a 4 piece (2 guitars, bass and drums..) Classic Rock/ Metal/ Alternative type cover project......
Never Ever..... had a problem with Volume.......or being heard................ the 20/20 has enough power to cover almost anything........and then again.........if you do play larger venues.......you usually mic everything throgh the PA...so all you need is stage Volume.....and again............plenty with the 20/20

Back