Medium size amp - chassis width?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyze

Reaction score
Im curious, whats the Inner dimensions of the Medium sized chassis'? So hard to find on here..

I know the full width is 22-½ inchs, but when you take away the cabinet wood sides, how much is left (I think my amp I want to put it in possibly has about 20 7/8" roughly, maybe able to squeeze 21" in there.)

Height/depth would be nice too if someone could measure for me.

I don't have a medium chassis to measure but the short chassis is 17in, the normal cabinet sides is 3/4 inch x 2 = 1.5
So 22.5 - 1.5 leaves an inner dimension of 21. So on paper it would fit fine.

This Ebay auction for an empty WB Mark IV cab has measurements:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IV-Wide-Body-1x12-Combo-Cab_W0QQitemZ180412501704QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2a016c4ec8&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Good info, I measured a hardwood cabinet from a MKIII. The regular cabinet would be a little different.

I have a Carvin XV112 that I had modified abit, tolex wise and stuff.. so altho I kinda dig it, I may try getting a mesa.. from the measurements I THINK any medium sized amp would fit into this custom cab, just replacing the carvin. Width wise, its perfect, its height and depth that may be abit off, but ill have to measure again.

either way, probably a DC-5 if I decide to do it.

Latest posts

Back