MB DR (3 channel ) Schematics, missing parts

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weeest

Reaction score
Hi .
I have this schematic of gogreous amp 3ch DR .
http://www.bnv-gz.de/~ooehmann/schematics/mb/Dual_Rectifier_3Ch_Solo_Head.pdf

I am looking for missing parts .. e.g. switching part 2 ....

Thx

There doesn't seem to be much missing. The schematic sucks though in it's depiction of the lm3914. The LM3914 receives a voltage on pin 5. Depending on how much voltage there is either pin 1 or pin 17 has voltage going through it. That voltage enables either channel 1 or channel 3. When there is no voltage to the LM3914, no voltage is going out to any pin. The LM3914 is a voltage meter diode driver. Basically that fancy level indicated on your old sterio used a chip similar to that. The more voltage in, the more led's light up. Mesa used this to enable switching on more than one channel. The road king and nomad's uses this same chip.

I think the part 2 of the switching schematic is actually the voicing page. The foot switch is very similar to the foot switch the nomad series uses. I've simulated the schematic below and it seems like it fills in the missing segments of the released schematics.

So I think that something still missing .... I cant find 3 jacks from external switching CH1 , CH2, CH3 .......

msi said:
There doesn't seem to be much missing. The schematic sucks though in it's depiction of the lm3914. The LM3914 receives a voltage on pin 5. Depending on how much voltage there is either pin 1 or pin 17 has voltage going through it. That voltage enables either channel 1 or channel 3. When there is no voltage to the LM3914, no voltage is going out to any pin. The LM3914 is a voltage meter diode driver. Basically that fancy level indicated on your old sterio used a chip similar to that. The more voltage in, the more led's light up. Mesa used this to enable switching on more than one channel. The road king and nomad's uses this same chip.

I think the part 2 of the switching schematic is actually the voicing page. The foot switch is very similar to the foot switch the nomad series uses. I've simulated the schematic below and it seems like it fills in the missing segments of the released schematics.

Let's say Mesa switching designs are... unconventional. Their muting circuit is stolen from other amp-makers and patented on the sly. Mesa wanted the footswitch pedal to change channels using a single wire, and they used the LM3917, an led bar driver. Not the way I'd do it nor would any other manufacturer, but I guess it works. The reason they didn't draw the rest of the LM3917's connections is because they're pretty straightforward. Those jacks aren't the only things missing off the schematic...

PLEASE i need help !!! i cant dowload the pdf at your link, can you send me the dual rec 3 channel schematic at my mail ?
i need this !! or someone have done a diy dual rec 3 channel ?? HELP !!

Latest posts

Back