matching volume levels on both channels

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maury

Reaction score
I just became incredibly excited and depressed with my LSC. I discovered that I LOVE the tone and feel of channel 2 if I run the gain & drive at 12:00 and the output at 2:00. Trouble is, I can't achieve nearly enough clean volume from channel 1 to match it.

Does anyone here have any advice for me? I like a funky compressed clean, with no breakup. The only way I can make channel 2 quiet enough to matc channel 1 is to bring the output back to noon, losing this incredible tone that I've just discovered.

I have a pair of yellow jackets in the outside tube sockets, and I'm running channel 1 at 100 watts, channel 2 at 50 watts, to try and cheat towards my goal - but no luck.

help? :(

OK, after turning up the main output a little bit, I think I've nearly solved it. I didn't want to push the gain & drive this high, but it's not as fizzy as I thought with the mains cranked up. Here are my settings in case anyone wants to try 'em. I'm using a MIM strat with humbuckers in every position.

CH1 ----- 1:00 / 12:00 / 12:00 / 8:00 / 12:00 / 5:00
CH2 1:00 / 3:00 / 2:00 / 11:00 / 7:00 / 12:00 / 1:00

I've owned this amp for a few years but this is the first time I've experimented with the channel outputs so high. The feel and responsiveness of CH 2 is amazing.

Yeah, there were a couple of posts before describing how great it sounds doing the vol cranked thing. Running output at least at 2:00, and even higher. Whew! Barn burner.

Latest posts

Back