• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Marshall JCM800 combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charles Reeder

Reaction score
Hey gang:
Thinking of unloading my JCM800 100-watt 2-channel, 2X12 combo. 6550 power tubes. Any interest?

Charles

Hmm?
I probably will sell outright for cash (if I even get rid of it)! Played around with it last night...and remember why I liked it and used to use it!
So far I'm just 'testing the waters' to see if anyone is even interested.

BTW. I was in a hurry when I originally posted and didn't give much info:

It is the 2-channel model that was originally equiped with 6550 tubes...but when I got it it had EL-34's in it. I changed it back to 6550's (an easy fix...involving moving the location of 1 wire, changing a resistor and re-biasing) and used it that way for ages.

Last night...curiosity got the better of me...and I changed it back to EL-34's to try it out! Maybe the 'fresh perspective' changed my opinion...but I think it sounds much better with the EL-34's.

Originally came with Celestion G12T-75 speakers. They were worn and practically 'dry-rotted' when I got the amp...I changed speakers to Celestion Vintage 30's.

Nice sounding amp. I really love the 'boost' channel...but find the 'normal' channel to be a bit lackluster. But, with a boost or EQ between guitar and input, OR thru the effects loop...it really sounds good. It's got that 'Chugga-Chugga' I love.

Charles

Latest posts

Back