MarkIV Lead Sound

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antoine

Reaction score
Hi there,
You can hear a studio work i've done with my EBMM Axis Super Sport guitar plugged directly in my MarkIV Head and my 2x12 Recto cabinet !
No effects, just a little delay added at the mix, there are no corections made on the console, just the natural sound of the guitar and amp !
It's the solo of the tune "Torna Una Volta", a recording i've made for a Corsican band called "I Mantini" !
Here is the link :

http://www.myspace.com/antoinebeconcini

Yeah, sounds very good. Great playing! Gotta love that mark IV lead sound.
Do you have any settings?

Well here's the setting for the lead channel :

Full Power / Simul-Class / Harmonics / Pentode

Lead Gain : 8 (Pulled) / Lead Treble : 8 / Lead Bass : 4 / Lead Mid : 9 / Lead Drive : 7

Presence : 4 (Pulled)

Lead Master
: 3

Output Level : 4

EQ :

80 : Top
240 : Just a little up the middle line
750 : A little up the bottom line
2200 : Same as 240
6600 : Between the middle and top line

Antoine said:

Lead Gain : 8 (Pulled) / Lead Treble : 8 / Lead Bass : 4 / Lead Mid : 9 / Lead Drive : 7

Lead Master

EQ :

Antoine,

In this case, I think a lot of tone came from a great guitar player with a great sense of tone, touch, restraint and balance. The solo was eloquent and fit the song perfectly. You are a pro, no doubt. I am sure I can use your settings, but your soul comes out of your guitar and amp. I am very
humbled and an instant fan.

Ed

Boogiebabies said:
Antoine said:

Lead Master

EQ :

Antoine,

In this case, I think a lot of tone came from a great guitar player with a great sense of tone, touch, restraint and balance. The solo was eloquent and fit the song perfectly. You are a pro, no doubt. I am sure I can use your settings, but your soul comes out of your guitar and amp. I am very
humbled and an instant fan.

Ed

Boogiebabies, you're the reference in Mesa amps on this forum, what can i say ?... i'm very touched by your comment about me :oops:, thank you very much for your kind words... sorry but i'm a little confuse and i don't know what to say...
In fact i have posted the link to this solo because i'm very proud of playing a Mesa Boogie MarkIV amp, and i wanted to show how good this amp can be ! I play the MarkIV since 1999 and everytime i plug my guitar through it, it's like the first time, this amp can do so much... once you've find the right guitar and the right speakers cabinet, the IV is hard to beat !
Once again, a sincere thank you Boogiebabies for your comment, but i think the amp deserve it more than me :wink: !

You gotta love the markIV lead channel. Nice tone. great playing, very tasty. I agree with a previous post, you definately are getting a lot from your touch, feel and dynamics in your playin.

Scott

Latest posts

Back